Sponsored

Sct tune throws permanent code? Riddle me

Mustangfreek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15’ GT
So I have had a Bdx sitting around for a while and was initially just gonna wait till long tubes, but that’s not happening fast enough , so I decided to open it up and plug it in

Got it to pair with WiFi way out in garage and did the “91” tune and changed nothing else.
It loaded and all was fine, played with it and checked for any codes and nothing.

Took it for a short drive, not sure I felt much difference, but it was a short drive.

well came back and was playing with it and checked codes again and P0160a
Which is one of the O2’s?

But no nothing on the dash as far as cel, did the clear codes a few times and It’s stuck on their.

Flashed it back to the stock tune and no codes on it at all?

Did notice a slight, very slight different tune/gurgle miss at idle with the Sct tune

What am I missing here? Anyone experience the same?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mustangfreek

Mustangfreek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15’ GT
Anyone else have codes permanently stuck on their sct device?

got a email into sct and they were quick to first reply, but nothing since

Ir I’m about to skip the act and get a steeda tune for the bell of it. And to see if it helps. The laggy pedal bugs me

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I have a BDX but only use it loading custom tunes and logging / special functions. For those purposes it works great but would never run the canned tune that comes on those devices (think Bama etc). I'd say just hold off until you get whatever custom tune you are going to use. Also make sure to update your device firmware prior to when you start your custom tuning.

OP
OP
Mustangfreek

Mustangfreek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15’ GT
Ok
Should I ask why I shouldn’t run their canned tune? Genuinely curious

Also, I updated it while sitting in the car (Bdx) , it said it downloaded to latest firmware..or do I need to download the updated dealio on my laptop and hook it up/update that way?
Sponsored