Sponsored

Scraped my PP wheel :(

bobsurvives

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
scraped the back left wheel going into work this morning, didnt realize how close i was to the curb going in and I knicked the wheel... it's extremely small after I cleaned it up, anyone know what touch up paint I can pick up to make it less visible?
Sponsored

TricarboNate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Orange GT
Ehhh, screw rims!

Got a huge rock chip on mine, the first week I had the car.

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
The regular black touch up paint from the dealership makes chips and scratches on the PP wheels disappear and it only costs $7 ;)

Ender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 B5 Blue Challenger Scat Pack
Sorry to hijack but didn't want to open up a repeat thread. I'm just curious what you guys think I should do since I'm in the same situation.

I've attached a picture of the damage (don't mind the dirt, there was a dust storm!) it's really not that big of an area, so I'm wondering if some touch up paint would be fine. It's my DD so I don't really expect this car to be perfect or anything. Should I just get Dr Colorchip or a paint repair pen of some sort?

I did get a quote from a rim repair guy and he said he could do it for $100, but that means repainting the whole wheel. Just doesn't seem worth it to spend $100 which is probably half the cost of the rim.
curb-rash.jpg

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Sorry to hijack but didn't want to open up a repeat thread. I'm just curious what you guys think I should do since I'm in the same situation.
A little sanding with a dremel attachment if you have one and a touch up pen. If you don't have a dremel I recommend one they come in handy for lots of stuff.

Sponsored

Ender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 B5 Blue Challenger Scat Pack

CheeseHead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP
I did get a quote from a rim repair guy and he said he could do it for $100, but that means repainting the whole wheel. Just doesn't seem worth it to spend $100 which is probably half the cost of the rim.
Don't want to burst your bubble but that $100 is more like 1/10th the cost of the rim...they're stupidly expensive.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT

CheeseHead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP
Well then...I stand corrected. That's not the right wheel that he has but the correct one is also similarly prices.

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
The regular black touch up paint from the dealership makes chips and scratches on the PP wheels disappear and it only costs $7 ;)
Yep, you can even get the generic Duplicolor black at Autozone or Walmart for a couple bucks less and it works just as well.

One of the nice things about the gloss black PP wheels.
Sponsored