Science is now cancelled? [USERS NOW BANNED FOR POLITICS]

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
1. The article you cited said that the running costs were reduced enough that the insurance cost won’t matter...

2. EV’s are being “forced” onto people by government. Some people are electing to buy them, some aren’t.
Even once all manufacturers move to EV’s, you’ll still be able to buy older cars.
Please don’t confuse market trends with “forcing”.
Hello; So various governments passing decrees preventing the sale of an ICE powered after a set date is somehow a market trend? Double cab pickups were a market trend. Black wheels are a market trend. Being prevented from buying a new ICE after 2030 is not a market trend.
I am all for people having a choice. I want the eager early adopters to endure the development problems of EV's. Then once the issues are worked out I can decide about having one.
Sponsored

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Regulations will have the cafe standards bumped to 40 mpg by 2026, so you can wait to trade in your van in few years and benefit from the higher mpg. I’d like to know who is paying you to post on this and other sites. Your motives are very suspect to me and your backstory is illogical.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hello; So various governments passing decrees preventing the sale of an ICE powered after a set date is somehow a market trend? Double cab pickups were a market trend. Black wheels are a market trend. Being prevented from buying a new ICE after 2030 is not a market trend.
I am all for people having a choice. I want the eager early adopters to endure the development problems of EV's. Then once the issues are worked out I can decide about having one.
But you can still buy a secondhand ICE in those states right?

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Is there a single state in the US that has mandated that ALL cars being sold/driven there are hybrid (at a minimum)?
If not, I feel like you’re making arguments for things that aren’t happening.
If so, can you please cite the specifics?
Who is being mandated to drive EV’s?
Hello; I think there are so far at least five (5) states banning the sale of new (edit) ICE starting in 2030 or so.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hello; I think there are so far at least five (5) states banning the sale of new (edit) ICE starting in 2030 or so.
That would be the sale of NEW cars though right? It doesn’t effect the secondhand market correct?

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
That would be the sale of NEW cars though right? It doesn’t effect the secondhand market correct?
Hello; I can go to Goodwill and buy used clothes and used shoes as well. Being able to buy used does not change the "forced" part of the coming situation. At some point any used ICEs worth having will be gone. That is the plan is it not?
The last time I bought a used car was in 1986.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
Shhhh don't spoil the EV bad narrative 🤫

He complains about the price as if inflation is not a thing right now, and as if ICE cars have been decreasing in price and complexity as the years go on 🤣

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Shhhh don't spoil the EV bad narrative 🤫

He complains about the price as if inflation is not a thing right now, and as if ICE cars have been decreasing in price and complexity as the years go on 🤣
Hello; ICE vehicles do not need a taxpayer financed incentive in order to be sold.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hello; ICE vehicles do not need a taxpayer financed incentive in order to be sold.
You’re right, government subsidises the manufacturers instead. That way you don’t see your taxes being shovelled into the funnel.
It’s a clever way of hiding the truth of your vehicle purchase. The best part is, even if you’re not buying a new car, you’re still paying for it.
Love it or hate it, at least the EV stuff is relatively transparent.

Figures from 2013. Couldn’t find a more recent version.
NB, Australia no longer has ANY car manufacturing.

B63F8735-D56E-479A-A4B9-37BF3FB6C1BE.jpeg

Last edited:

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Agree that the UK has twice the amount of people boosted but "much lower vaccination rates" is not correct:

UK 69% fully vaccinated, 75% partially
US 61% fully vaccinated, 73% partially

UK cases just skyrocketed the last two days to pandemic high records - not nearly at the peak yet. How are hospitalizations going?
Thanks for that - missed how the US has caught up.

Unfortunately too early to say re hospitalisations. Yes there have been some people hospitalised and died with 'omicron' but as the strain has only been here for about 4 weeks that is reflecting very early case numbers. London has gone up 30% in the last week which is where most omicron cases are so far and also hospitals are seeing as high as 40% sickness in staff. The big question has yet to be answered, but we will know very soon.

This is going to peak very high and very quickly, SA looks to have already peaked after only 4 or 5 weeks

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Hello; However expensive your cars may be the EV's are being forced onto all of us. Some who will struggle with both the purchase price and things such as more expensive insurance. Good for you having deep pockets and such things are not something you have to think about.
Guess you better hang on to that Mr. T van. 😄

The purpose in posting is it seemed relevant to the conversation about EV's.
This thread is about science being cancelled ... not EVs. You should be posting that stuff in the EV thread you're trolling.

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
This thread is about science being cancelled ... not EVs. You should be posting that stuff in the EV thread you're trolling.
Speaking of science and EVs - I'm in a debate on another board about FCEVs vs EVs. I don't see the point of FCEVs with all the advances happening. MB just announced a new EV with a 700+ mile range.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Hello; Never said I agree with the article's contents. Never said I disagree with the article's contents.
Dude, it's all good. You posted some insurance costs in a vacuum, it's only relevant vs. the cost for ICE vehicles in the same segment (if the concept is comparing insurance).

I was showing you that my ICE to EV insurance costs remained more or less the same. Because there's no radical increase in EV insurance, it's based on vehicle price, location, driving history, safety/security features, insurance status (# of cars, other property), etc.

Like that MT article showed, if you're paying $2K for insurance, you're driving a $50K+ vehicle - and to be honest, those prices in that article (for Tesla and BMW) seemed high for an "average".

We need $25k-$30K options, which would have matching insurance costs.
Sponsored