Sponsored

Science is now cancelled? [USERS NOW BANNED FOR POLITICS]

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Or you don't understand the science. Did you read the explanation ?

You may want to look at Pages 35 and 36 of the data from Vermont showing just how tiny the vaccine breakthrough percentage really is.

COVID-19 Weekly Summary (healthvermont.gov)
76% for the month of September is not effective regardless of how you spin it. Data from Israel shows the same

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
But...but...what about long term effects? This virus has not been studied for at least 10 years to make sure. We need to wait 10 years before we will know.

10 years!

10 years!

10 years!
Short term studies on COVID vaccines have yielded far more side effects than the chicken pox vaccine, try again

Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Hello; Lets work thru this a bit. Two things are known.
One is the shots formula is, by rule, not going to change at all. The formula of the first shot is the same as it will be for any booster shots. The formula was created and locked in nearly nine months ago. (may be more than nine months depending on how long before the actual production starts that the final formula must be set.) It also makes sense that they set the protein spike formula on the virus which existed at the time. ( I get they tried to be clever and modified the spike protein the shots make to be some different than an actual virus spike protein.)

Next it is known the RNA virus is likely to mutate. I will further contend that the fact the variant now called delta is called that because it is different from the earlier alpha variant. Things I have read are that the alpha from early on in the pandemic is replaced by the delta as the main cause of cases. Alpha was an early version of the virus, while delta is a later version which is different enough to be distinct and have a name of it's own. To be clear there have been other named variants of the virus, it seems delta has become dominant for a while. Even the delta variants will modify over time.

So we have a situation in which the virus is slowly changing and the shots are locked in. The prediction my ilk would scream if the shots were being tweaked to match the dominant strains of the virus seems strange. Has not the mantra been when the facts change, then the views of the science must change. Perhaps it does not work for the covid shots.

Seems more of a legal set of rules than a science set of rules to keep the vaccine formulas locked into one unchanging formula. I get that to make a different formula might mean the shots would lose the liability protection under emergency use. Is that the main reason?

Lets not keep kidding ourselves. There are many tens of millions who have had the shots already with an environment of punishing mandates trying to force the rest to have the shots. If the shots do have even a small long term serious side effect the outcome will be a disaster.
We, who had the shots, have already been told that we can catch the virus and that the benefit of the shots is we will not be quite so sick. Not clear to me that a booster will change that little fact at all.
I am also told the third shot will cause a reaction similar to the second shot. That was two days knocked out and the flare up of a dormant virus for me. I am to go thru that again for a third shot of the exact same formula?

" Frankly, you show your ignorance here."
Again paragraphs of opinion on a subject that there is plenty of data available. Vaccine companies are already working on this and considering the options.

And again please stop posting about long term side effects when again this is all properly recorded and documented. If you don't want the third / booster dose then fine, but don't make out like it is some huge problem that needs to be overcome.

How to redesign COVID vaccines so they protect against variants (nature.com)

Covid-19: variants and vaccination | The BMJ

Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
76% for the month of September is not effective regardless of how you spin it. Data from Israel shows the same
You need to read what I posted. And just try and grasp that as more and more people are vaccinated then more and more vaccinated people will get sick and die. Just less overall. If we ever reached 100% vaccination then everybody who got sick or died from COVID would have been vaccinated, there would just be 10's of them dead not thousands.

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
Anything new here after a week of fishing in Canada? Apparently not.

In any event, Canadians are pissed that us fully vaccinated Americans can go to Canada for pleasure, yet fully vaccinated Canadians still cannot come to the US.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Anything new here after a week of fishing in Canada? Apparently not.

In any event, Canadians are pissed that us fully vaccinated Americans can go to Canada for pleasure, yet fully vaccinated Canadians still cannot come to the US.
Probably with good reason !
Sponsored