Science is now cancelled? [USERS NOW BANNED FOR POLITICS]

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Well with this mentality why not mandate a flu shot also? Lets throw people in jail for sneezing in public.

Speeding causes crashes, lets limit all cars to 55 Mph and on and on and on until we have a perfectly safe society.

I refuse to be your or anyone's slave.
It very well could happen at some point. I don't ever get my flu shots so I would have to decide what to do at that point.

I can see this happening too. It would suck a lot but would be a crazy amount more safe out there. Driving is a privilege, not a right.

Mandating a vaccine or limiting the speed a motor vehicle to mitigate loss of life is hardly slavery. I assume you wear a seatbelt? Stop at red lights? Don't drive under the influence? All mandates.
Sponsored

19GT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, 2015 4C, 2019 Ducati, 2008 FJ
Vehicle Showcase
It is an option. Don't buy goods. Your point is valid however which is why I always state that no one truly owns anything. If you don't believe that's true, try NOT paying your taxes and see where that gets you. We are slaves to the one and same that 'represent' us. Hell, depending on where you live, even after you're dead and gone, the local and Federal Govt's will come after what's left. If you're putting all your faith in vaccines and masks, maybe you should stay home. We all choose some level of risk on a daily basis regardless of whether we know it and the virus isn't even a contender. You can get vaccinated and most of us probably won't shame you for it because frankly, it's not our business.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Have you talk to your buddy about the recent launches? I wonder what advancements in rocket technology have been made over the years. The space ships back then were a lot bigger and look different than what they are now. Don't really know what has changed

Do you know how far away you were? Definitely a once in a lifetime experience to witness a shuttle launch up close
He was a friend of a friend, and I've even lost contact the "principal friend" for close to a decade, the other guy I haven't seen in 25+ years.

We were closer than the general public perimeter, which I think the closest observation point, is like 2 miles, but still well outside of the secure area, so probably still a mile away[?]

I have some photos, and I mean, like actual developed film type photos, they're probably buried in storage somewhere.

The last time I saw a launch kind of close-ish we took the boat down to Cocoa, saw it from the water - just a dot during the day, but pretty fun, that would've been an Atlas V launch.

Then we always try to get over to the beach, especially for Space X launches.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
He was a friend of a friend, and I've even lost contact the "principal friend" for close to a decade, the other guy I haven't seen in 25+ years.

We were closer than the general public perimeter, which I think the closest observation point, is like 2 miles, but still well outside of the secure area, so probably still a mile away[?]

I have some photos, and I mean, like actual developed film type photos, they're probably buried in storage somewhere.

The last time I saw a launch kind of close-ish we took the boat down to Cocoa, saw it from the water - just a dot during the day, but pretty fun, that would've been an Atlas V launch.

Then we always try to get over to the beach, especially for Space X launches.
I'd love to see one from as close a vantage point as feasibly possible. It has to be batshit crazy.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Hello; I have been careful to say those who recover from covid on their own ought to have a good natural immunity.
Those who wind up in hospital and/or have to have a lot of clinical or medication help to survive are not as likely to have a good natural immune system at work.
So that should mean those people who had Covid and had some pretty bad symptoms but survived are good candidates for a booster shot on top of their weak natural immunity - just like the Israel study I just linked in a post above suggests. You think someone who just squeaked by with their life on their natural immunity system should get a booster or not?

Thing is, just because someone beat the original Covid virus doesn't necessarily mean they will beat all the variants.

And who's to say all those people who barely had any symptoms really had much of a viral load in the first place, so it wasn't much of a challenge for their natural immunity to defeat the infection. So many factors involved. What's the best logic to mitigate risk when there are so many factors involved?

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I'd love to see one from as close a vantage point as feasibly possible. It has to be batshit crazy.
Yeah, the friend-of-the-friend had seen a few from one of the support/control facilities, he said it was just nuts.

I've been the space center a few times, just seeing the scale of some of the equipment is pretty amazing.

When the second stage engine shut down yesterday, it was doing just at 17,000 miles an hour, I can't even get my head around that :D

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello; No, not everyone needs to get the shots. Those who get covid and wind up in hospital for heavy treatment have shown they do not have an immune system that can fight off the infection. They may have benefit from the shots. Pretty sure those who had the infection will know if they had to go to hospital or have serious help to recover.
Most of the millions who had the covid virus stayed home and recovered on their own have a proven immune system for a particular virus. Some even had the infection and their immune system fought it off so well they did not get very sick at all. Those people should be naturally immune.
At any rate it is their choice to risk the side effects of the shots. Now more and more information is coming out that natural immunity is robust and is long lasting. Seems to be proving to be more than just good enough.
Why are you so latched on to all this natural immunity stuff? There is plenty of information that says just because someone already had Covid that they are not home free and immune forever.

Seems to me if someone already had Covid that a booster shot isn't going to be of any risk and those people probably won't even have a physical reaction to the shot. People who have already had the actual virus in their body are OK with that, but not OK with a shot that increases their immunity even more - as the beloved Israel study even shows. I bet if people were told it would make their sex organs work better you'd see lines miles long waiting for a shot. 😆

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When the virus has a changed enough mutation the vaccines will no longer work at all. Same for natural and vaccine immunity.

I can have a sound immune system one day and a damaged immune system some time later. So yes if my immune system is damaged by something such will make a difference.
You just made a case for people to get vaccinated.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Some who got the jab also got the covid and got really sick . Nothing is perfect.
How many times has it been said that these vaccines are not 100% effective. - they never were touted to be 100% effective. But you know what's really not effective? ... no vaccine at all. You need more colors in your pallet besides black and white.

Last edited:

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Reading through these last pages it appears that some are following the science and others are pushing a jab.

The science shows that a natural immunity is at least as good as a jab.

So back to my original question.

Why is there such a big push to get everyone in the world injected with this drug?
What do you think the death toll would be right now if there was no vaccine at this point?

You saw the estimate that says more like 4M people have died in India of Covid. That's probably why there's a push all over the entire world for a vaccination. You think this is only going on in the block you live on?

Last edited:

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Individual freedom...do you stop at red lights?

Are we free? Taxes get payed without question, political votes really don't matter, and there are groups of "elite" people who live on a completely different set of rules that the rest of us.
Just a sidenote ... not to get going down this rabbit hole. But if everyone was truly "free", we'd all be walking around like animals doing anything we wanted to do (even killing each other with no ramifications) regardless of rules, regulations and laws. That's what separated humans form animals. And obviously there are two legged animals on Earth.

Last edited:

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Just a sidenote ... not to get going down this rabbit hole. But if everyone was truely "free", we'd all be walking around like animals doing anything we wanted to do (even killing each other with no ramifications) regardless of rules, reguations and laws. That' what separated humans form animals. And obviously there are two legged animals on Earth.
Exactly. It can be argued both ways too but like you said, rabbit hole.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
People who have never had the virus and are not vaccinated do indeed sometimes have a bad infection. Some combination of factors are, so far, contributing factors. Being obese. High BP. Old age may be the top three. Having a weakened or compromised immune system may be on the list.
So what's your "recommendation" if someone doesn't have a crystal ball into exactly how their natural immune system will react to being infected?