HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Go easy on him. It was a huge relief to us all when he put you on ignore instead of constantly posting:
NAHNAH NAHYA YA YOO YOO NA NA NA NAAAA NAAN NA YO YA so he couldn't hear you while he was sounding out the words.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hello; The short answer is no. Someone calling me names or using put downs in the context of a forum thread does not induce me to look at myself. If the behavior is a character flaw as he claims, that is sad. Perhaps I gave too much credit by thinking it was a tactic.

Does the fact you have questioned me twice now on that post and have not questioned the name caller and put down user at all cause some introspection on your behalf? There is also the fact not all his put downs and name calling were aimed at me.
His criticisms have been valid as far as I can recall. Yes, there may be instances where that isn’t the case but I’m not about to scan the forum to find an example.
You’ll disagree of course.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; Here is a thing I find of interest. There is an active defense for a person using put downs and name calling in play by a few on this site. A few are defending the name calling, put downs and making assertions such behavior is justified. That is OK to be "crass". That crass comments are "quite warranted" if the name caller has a difference of opinion on a topic.

I fail to see how the name calling and put downs are of any benefit to the forum at all. I am plenty capable of being crass myself but do not choose to be that sort of person. I do not run this site so it is not my call. I am fine with spirited debate or discussion. I find a way to get my points across without the name calling and put downs. It is so very often tempting to lash out at some crude remark. I just do not do so very often.

I figure I have exposed the nature of some on this site. You readers get to make up your own mind about how it has been going. I hope my effort has shed some light on the way tactics are used. Read my posts for content for yourself and perhaps pay less attention to those who try to diminish what I write with "crass" language. I prefer to be judged on the content of what I write rather than if I am good in a name calling contest.

"Calling someone ignorant when they’re displaying EXACTLY that trait, isn‘t indecent. It’s educational." Quote Burkey

It is true that I have made other crass comments to others here - why don't you go back through my posts and past up what I was referring to. You will see that they all are quite warranted. If someone is being a jackass, they do not deserve any due deference.

"Yeah, I have no shame - a certain character flaw of mine I suppose. However, people rarely take exception to what I say, just how I say it."

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Hello; Here is a thing I find of interest. There is an active defense for a person using put downs and name calling in play by a few on this site. A few are defending the name calling, put downs and making assertions such behavior is justified. That is OK to be "crass". That crass comments are "quite warranted" if the name caller has a difference of opinion on a topic.

I fail to see how the name calling and put downs are of any benefit to the forum at all. I am plenty capable of being crass myself but do not choose to be that sort of person. I do not run this site so it is not my call. I am fine with spirited debate or discussion. I find a way to get my points across without the name calling and put downs. It is so very often tempting to lash out at some crude remark. I just do not do so very often.

I figure I have exposed the nature of some on this site. You readers get to make up your own mind about how it has been going. I hope my effort has shed some light on the way tactics are used. Read my posts for content for yourself and perhaps pay less attention to those who try to diminish what I write with "crass" language. I prefer to be judged on the content of what I write rather than if I am good in a name calling contest.

"Calling someone ignorant when they’re displaying EXACTLY that trait, isn‘t indecent. It’s educational." Quote Burkey
No one is keeping you here and no one is forcing you to continually bitch and moan about some perceived 'tactics' that I am using against you. It isn't a difference of opinion. There is right and wrong in the world and you are most often wrong about the basics.

You really do not see your passive-aggressive manner here is far worst than anything I have posted.

Emotion, emotion, emotion.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
No one is keeping you here and no one is forcing you to continually bitch and moan about some perceived 'tactics' that I am using against you. It isn't a difference of opinion. There is right and wrong in the world and you are most often wrong about the basics.

You really do not see your passive-aggressive manner here is far worst than anything I have posted.

Emotion, emotion, emotion.
Hello; Doubling down on the being crass bit I see. Here is where I refrain from acting in the same manner.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I find it amusing that the triplets find a consensus of scientists as facts and all non supporting evidence as nonsense.

If it truly were fact it could be proven by experiment and then a consensus would not be needed. I also find it amusing all the agreeing scientists are making their living on grants by entities that are fully vested in having man made climate change.

I see the triplets posting the same info one gets from CNN and not doing any independent study. SK47 at least seems to have an open mind and is trying to find the truth.

Also I posted some of the rules for radicals earlier in this thread and the tactic of destroying any opponents to the accepted view, is one of the rules. So don't expect anything other than more put downs from the true believers.

I will add an observation. It looks like the triplets have been taught what to think and not how to think. My experience with the public schools and our university systems only affirms that thought.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello; Doubling down on the being crass bit I see. Here is where I refrain from acting in the same manner.
But you do see the passive-aggressive victimization tactic you are using here, right?

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I find it amusing that the triplets find a consensus of scientists as facts and all non supporting evidence as nonsense.

If it truly were fact it could be proven by experiment and then a consensus would not be needed. I also find it amusing all the agreeing scientists are making their living on grants by entities that are fully vested in having man made climate change.

I see the triplets posting the same info one gets from CNN and not doing any independent study. SK47 at least seems to have an open mind and is trying to find the truth.

Also I posted some of the rules for radicals earlier in this thread and the tactic of destroying any opponents to the accepted view, is one of the rules. So don't expect anything other than more put downs from the true believers.

I will add an observation. It looks like the triplets have been taught what to think and not how to think. My experience with the public schools and our university systems only affirms that thought.
Spoken by someone who doesn't understand science in the least!

A consensus of scientists = facts? Wut?

Someone's uneducated opinion = supporting evidence? Double-Wut??

So I have to do an independent study (that I am not capable of doing) until I can agree with the science as put forth by top experts in the field?

I am glad the person that taught you didn't teach me.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
But you do see the passive-aggressive victimization tactic you are using here, right?
Hello; I do not see myself as a victim. You and your buddies are not getting anything over on me. I hold my own in the discussions just fine. This bit about how you act on the site is a small side track in response to a post by K4fxd where he reacted to the statement that I ramble.
I saw thru your way of being "crass" as you put it long ago. You seem to be content with your behavior, so be it. Just wanted to present my point of view about the tactic.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Spoken by someone who doesn't understand science in the least!

A consensus of scientists = facts? Wut?

Someone's uneducated opinion = supporting evidence? Double-Wut??

So I have to do an independent study (that I am not capable of doing) until I can agree with the science as put forth by top experts in the field?

I am glad the person that taught you didn't teach me.
Hello; Afraid you have mistaken the meaning of parts of his post. At least this is how I see it. I think he was saying that you and your two friends are using a consensus to be equal to proven facts. I will await his reply as he is very capable.

I also have underlined the "crass" tactic you continue to use. I will use you term "crass" from now on since it is you own description of yourself.

Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello; I do not see myself as a victim. You and your buddies are not getting anything over on me. I hold my own in the discussions just fine. This bit about how you act on the site is a small side track in response to a post by K4fxd where he reacted to the statement that I ramble.
I saw thru your way of being "crass" as you put it long ago. You seem to be content with your behavior, so be it. Just wanted to present my point of view about the tactic.
Don't forget your lack of self-awareness.

You and your buddies should stop thinking that I am trying to get anything over on you - that right there is an emotional-based response and puts you squarely in the victim category.

Tactic indeed...

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello; Afraid you have mistaken the meaning of parts of his post. At least this is how I see it. I think he was saying that you and your two friends are using a consensus to be equal to proven facts. I will await his reply as he is very capable.

I also have underlined the "crass" tactic you continue to use. I will use you term "crass" from now on since it is you own description of yourself.
Yet more passive aggression!!

Wow!

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
SK you get it, Jon you have made my point, straight out of Alinsky's book.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Don't forget your lack of self-awareness.

You and your buddies should stop thinking that I am trying to get anything over on you - that right there is an emotional-based response and puts you squarely in the victim category.

Tactic indeed...
Hello; More crass language. I seriously doubt many are buying into the notion I am an emotional weakling, nor a victim for that matter. I wonder when you were chosen to be the decider and authority of such things?

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SK you get it, Jon you have made my point, straight out of Alinsky's book.
Whatever, Dude.

Climate change is real, humans have contributed to unprecedented warming on a global scale. The science is settled. There is overwhelming consensus of the experts in the field.

You and your buddie are pattering on about feelings and me being crass which just deflects away from the truth.

Sadly, there is no way to have a rational discussion with the irrational.
Sponsored