Sponsored

Saw a Mustang with a Montana plate today in Massachusetts

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
As far as the yearly tax on motor vehicles
it's a sin tax - for the unspeakable crime of ICE and a guzzler at that against Mother Gaia. We in ol' virginny get crucified every year at the county-level for 'property tax'. But since it's county-level all is required is to move to a 'red' county not too far afield of the immediate metro area and the pick pockets can't help themselves to such largesse.
Sponsored

kellyreno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Welcome to the Palmetto State!

Let me answer your question first. Simple lookup on Google. :giggle: :handshake:
https://www.scdmvonline.com/Vehicle-Owners/Registration/Plate-Gallery

As far as the yearly tax on motor vehicles I find it a fair price to pay in return for low home taxes. I was paying over $10k per year for a 2400 Sq Ft home in central NJ. Here it is $1,200 for over 3700 Sq. Ft. Everyones situation is different but having done my homework before moving here saved me a lot of surprises. Also remember the tax goes down as your vehicles age.
Thanks for the link. Ordered it for $0 but no ability for personalized text. DMV offered me a choice when I first moved, but the new car tag came in "While I breathe I hope".

analogman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP

mustang_puppy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
2015 black Ecoboost fastback
Could have been a rental car. I work for Enterprise and we get cars from all over the place, even from Canada, Alaska and Hawaii. Guess the Hawaiian cars took the land bridge across the Pacific to the mainland. 🤷‍♂️

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
Used to live in Delaware so absolutely I have. I'd take the boring yellow gradient over what I'm stuck with.

License plates in NH are pretty busy looking and kind of an eyesore. Not the absolute worst in the nation (A few are pretty yikes), but I'm not a fan, personally. All the other New England states have better looking license plates if you ask me.
1671739079411.png
Don't put tape over the LIVE FREE OR DIE slogan. Some guy tried that about 45 years ago and created quite a ruckus.

Then again. Gov. Thompson jailed 1400 protestors at the site of the Seabrook power plant for trespassing. "What are you gonna do, arrest all of us?" "Yes." That and he arrested Mass. state troopers hanging out at the State Liquor Store trying to catch Mass. residents buying cheap booze. All the while running radio ads on Boston stations for...the State Liquor Store. One of a kind!

I do like the Florida version:
new plate.jpg

Sponsored

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
now I know why a local (NY) car collector who just had a massive auction on some really nice stuff has Montana Plates. millions worth of cars. Investment/hobby for his business.

Kachøw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Don't put tape over the LIVE FREE OR DIE slogan. Some guy tried that about 45 years ago and created quite a ruckus.

Then again. Gov. Thompson jailed 1400 protestors at the site of the Seabrook power plant for trespassing. "What are you gonna do, arrest all of us?" "Yes." That and he arrested Mass. state troopers hanging out at the State Liquor Store trying to catch Mass. residents buying cheap booze. All the while running radio ads on Boston stations for...the State Liquor Store. One of a kind!

I do like the Florida version:
new plate.jpg
Believe me, I'm not a fan of the NH state government either. They're a bunch of hypocrites and only seem interested in lining their own pockets rather than solving real problems 🤷‍♂️. But I digress, I don't want to derail this thread into politics LOL

If I did not have relatives around here, I would be living down south where it's more affordable and I wouldn't have to worry about the salt eating my car... The things I do for family! 😂

Daniel.lee24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 Tremor
Montana resident here. Even guys like DragTimes down jn FL has Montana plates on his cars. We do have some badass plates up here to choose from though.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
Montana resident here. Even guys like DragTimes down jn FL has Montana plates on his cars. We do have some badass plates up here to choose from though.
so , what do you just need a PO Box or something ??

Sponsored

Yorkshire_OH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
new Ohio Plates are too busy,
Ohio_2023_license_plate new.jpg
preferred the previous version I have on my Subaru Forester
Ohio_license_plate old.jpg

The old ones were stamped where the new ones are just printed.

tobaccokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Given the MA stringent state inspections, and outrageous vehicle property taxes, I can see why, on top of all the other high state taxes, I can certainly see why someone would register in Montana.
Of the top 5 states that people are leaving, with of course CA as #1, MA is in the top 5 of people leaving.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Illinois standard plate. We have a ton of theme options for sports teams, outdoors, first responders, military, etc.

FE7631C2-E7F3-48BF-9652-10E50846A252.gif
Yep.
204691572_10157699143501580_6577733655885883659_n.jpg

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rixclix.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
One of the better NY plates available:
Coyote-2-2.jpg