Sponsored

Sad Day ....wrecked my new mustang :(

Raven15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Z/28 Camaro
The SP driver has the right of way in her lane. Regardless of possible speeding or distracted driving on her part that does not permit another driver to fail to yield.

Pretty simple. Glad the OP is ok, could have been a lot worse.
Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
How did it run after that? Noticably worse?
Judging by your damage it doesn't look any any body/suspension components are affected, so you won't notice difference in ride quality.
Now, if they do a good job, you shouldn't have leaking and stuff down the road.

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
Whoever fails to yield the right of way is at fault ... even if someone is speeding or not paying attention you can't take away their right of way. You are supposed to pay enough attention and make smart decisions to not get in to bad/risky situations, can't get any simpler than that. That what makes a good driver.
I'm sure the OP feels bad enough. No need pooping on him. Remember, we all can make the same kind or similar mistake. None of us are perfect drivers. :cheers:

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
... None of us are perfect drivers.
I am a perfect driver. Most of the time. :ninja:

Get a dash cam. Video not only records other people's bad driving but also your own. And you can go back and review any close calls or other incidents and that helps you become a better driver.

OP
OP

jacobgarr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt Premium
Well thanks for the mostly kind words. They called today to say it was totaled. They however are at a loss for the price as it is new and lack of availability of used models in the area and it will take several days to figure out a price (is what they told me at least) If anyone has any advice to help me not get screwed on the price I am all ears on it. KBB doesn't even have it entered yet to reference from. NADA has the new price which I forwarded to them as an expected payout haha .....but in all seriousness help is appreciated. They said there is little they can do about my U turn but that it was less than .4 miles where she would have U turned and that the amount of force the car was hit with will be hard for the driver to explain since we were all stopped so it is hopeful they can recoup some of the damages or have shared responsibility.

Sponsored

DRKHORS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang, '17 Mustang, '18 F150, '23 Mustang GT
Well thanks for the mostly kind words. They called today to say it was totaled. They however are at a loss for the price as it is new and lack of availability of used models in the area and it will take several days to figure out a price (is what they told me at least) If anyone has any advice to help me not get screwed on the price I am all ears on it. KBB doesn't even have it entered yet to reference from. NADA has the new price which I forwarded to them as an expected payout haha .....but in all seriousness help is appreciated. They said there is little they can do about my U turn but that it was less than .4 miles where she would have U turned and that the amount of force the car was hit with will be hard for the driver to explain since we were all stopped so it is hopeful they can recoup some of the damages or have shared responsibility.
Find some 2016's with similar mileage/options in what appears to be similar condition in the surrounding states. You know what you paid for yours so then negotiate between what you paid and what the 2016's are selling for. Closer to what you paid if yours has low mileage and like new condition still or closer to 2016 prices for high mileage and some wear present.

While there will be very few to pick from, it wouldn't hurt to expand your search for a used 2017 beyond your local area just to see if there is any consistency in the prices they are bringing. Even if you can only find a handful across the country that's better than nothing.

Brush up on those negotiating skills!

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I'm sure the OP feels bad enough. No need pooping on him. Remember, we all can make the same kind or similar mistake. None of us are perfect drivers. :cheers:
Wasn't meant to "poop" on the OP ... just a somewhat general statement to open people's eyes if they don't know the rules of the road and what it takes to hopefully not get into a bad situation. Yes, we all make mistakes (I have too) but what usually causes those mistakes is not thinking ahead enough and not realizing how much risk some actions that we take cause on the road. The worse way to learn a lesson is the hard way by living it.

Gen_Nick3.8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Camaro SS 1LE
Seems like every post about someone crashing it's always the other person's fault and their on the phone. Hopefully insurance will take care of you

Falconetti

cash me outside howbow da
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 1994 SVT COBRA
Seems like every post about someone crashing it's always the other person's fault and their on the phone. Hopefully insurance will take care of you
I'll bet a phone was involved somehow, It is all i see now, people driving and looking at a phone

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Yep i see it every day. the problem is more common then dui's!!! I see alot of heads down rather then heads forward!

Sponsored

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Yep i see it every day. the problem is more common then dui's!!! I see alot of heads down rather then heads forward!
these people should be nicked for dangerous driving and banned for a few months

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Because everyone is perfect and there's just no way it was their fault alone.

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
I envision a MY 2018 Mustang in your future. ;)

MELLOWYELLOW06

MELLOW 2.0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT PP
Im happy you are doing ok.

Im no expert, but though Im sure you are hoping for it to be a total loss, it may not be.

But the real way is when the tear down begins. They will most likely see things that are buried right now that may push it over the edge.

Good luck.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
I envision a MY 2018 Mustang in your future. ;)
Yeah i think they come with u turn evasion protection technology... lol
Sponsored