Sponsored

S550 Selectable Driving Modes Video

HalfMoon

Brand Agnostic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06/Z07 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
seriously, why would anyone use normal mode... ever?
I'm not really seeing it either on this car. On my C7 I will use Tour mode when I'm doing extended driving on the freeway or crappy roads, but on that car it quiets the exhaust and softens the magnetic suspension. On this car those don't adjust so I dunno.

I wonder if you set to the track setting if it resets on startup. In the C7 if you turn off in track mode it resets to tour at the next startup to turn on the nannies. Sport mode will persist on power cycles.

I can see using the weather mode for people not accustomed to a RWD car with power when the climate stinks, since they change the throttle map and sensitivity.

DBCooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
The same reason that someone would choose an v6 or EB over a v8, or choose heated/cooled seats over Recaros, or choose to not get PP. Not everyone drives the same way and has different preferences.

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP
Normal mode is when your commuting to work, and it is the most fuel efficient. Those driving Ecoboost will use this feature when we're not racing.

Sponsored

Skoog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Black/Raven
If you have an automatic, do you have to use the paddles in sport+ or track modes?

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Hopefully I can set Track mode to the default every time the car starts.

petraman

Now with more MPGs!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf
^I confirmed that at the dealer training I went to. Lawyers, man...

Sponsored

forg0tmypen

Threads
Reaction score
Im going to drive in the mode that gives the best "seat of the pants" feel and throttle response. So Im assuming track mode. If youre worried about getting in a accident, you shouldnt be driving, let alone a $40,000 5.0

SeventhWard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SeventhWard
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver GT
If you have an automatic, do you have to use the paddles in sport+ or track modes?
Those toggle switches are only for the "Driving Modes".

From reading the manual it's my understanding that in the Automatic, you use the toggle switches to put the car in Sport+ or Track just like the video explains to change the driving modes and the driving modes ONLY.

To engage the paddles, stop the car and shift the transmission from D into S. Hit the left paddle and you'll know you're in business when you see first gear light up a big pretty "1" in the info box.

So if you're looking for the sportiest drive in an automatic 2015 Mustang Premium GT or Ecoboost, toggle the driving mode to Sport+ or Track and shift that baby into S. You'll have the tuned stability control, throttle response, steering feel PLUS active paddle shifters to make you way through the gears...with beautiful auto rev-matching on your downshifts to boot. SWEET!! You've got yourself a mean computer-assisted tire burning machine.

-SeventhWard

pctek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB 401A
Thanks for the video. I wish more of the cars functionality had videos. I leaving a 1994 and going to the 2015. So much new tech that the videos help bring me up to speed quicker.

89Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Those toggle switches are only for the "Driving Modes".

From reading the manual it's my understanding that in the Automatic, you use the toggle switches to put the car in Sport+ or Track just like the video explains to change the driving modes and the driving modes ONLY.

To engage the paddles, stop the car and shift the transmission from D into S. Hit the left paddle and you'll know you're in business when you see first gear light up a big pretty "1" in the info box.

So if you're looking for the sportiest drive in an automatic 2015 Mustang Premium GT or Ecoboost, toggle the driving mode to Sport+ or Track and shift that baby into S. You'll have the tuned stability control, throttle response, steering feel PLUS active paddle shifters to make you way through the gears...with beautiful auto rev-matching on your downshifts to boot. SWEET!! You've got yourself a mean computer-assisted tire burning machine.

-SeventhWard
I was bummed about having to get an automatic, but two back surgeries and issues with my sciatic nerve made my choice simple. But I'm excited about the paddle shifters!

SynisterGT

Kooks + Corsa FTW!!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Mag/Redline
I wonder if this could be added to "base" GT but it doesn't look like it. What mode (s) does the base have? Just normal?
Sponsored