Sponsored

S550 owners who carry firearms: What, and where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob00GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Ragtop
Why would you leave your gun in the car? If you're concealing, keep it on you and concealed. When I stick mine behind the buckle, it's just to prevent me from sitting awkwardly and then I reholster before I leave my car.
I should have been more specific. When I said "I haven't found a solution yet, so I stick with a Ruger LCP in a Blackhawk pocket holster." I meant that the Blackhawk pocket holster (and the Ruger) are actually in my pocket.
Sponsored

Arsenalslr95

V6 Tactical Operator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Cyclone

RMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby GT 5.0 Premium Fastback
For anyone on here residing in NFA friendly states, any FA owners out there ? This is one of the reasons I don't own a current (2014 & up) Cobra, the cost of owning tranferrable FA's these days are pricey.

Wolfman625

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT in Deep impact Blue
For anyone on here residing in NFA friendly states, any FA owners out there ? This is one of the reasons I don't own a current (2014 & up) Cobra, the cost of owning tranferrable FA's these days are pricey.
I had a MAC 10 FA (probably cheapest FA to transfer)
But sold it last year. It was fun at first but I just wanted to put that money into different firearms. FA have gone up so much that I in joy having many different firearms instead of just one or two FA. I did find myself looking at a FA M1A1 tompson last week and my local store (would go perfect with my M1 Grand) but was a reweld and asking 22000. I still do alot with SBR and cans right now.

Also just picked up my 2nd glock 19 gen4 and am still looking for the perfect spot in car. I Manly put it in door pocket when driving. Not a fast draw by any means tho. (Left handed) in the truck I have one of my ar15 SBRs amd a 3 day pack

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
i live in Cal. used to carry a push knife in my miatas. close up real nasty. have a kbar kurake in my suv. Up close worse than a gun. Dont have any thing in my stang yet. But i always have a knife in my pants. The problem in ca..the penalaties for for gun ownership is harsh. I have choices...but what to do?

Sponsored

Wolfman625

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT in Deep impact Blue
i live in Cal. used to carry a push knife in my miatas. close up real nasty. have a kbar kurake in my suv. Up close worse than a gun. Dont have any thing in my stang yet. But i always have a knife in my pants. The problem in ca..the penalaties for for gun ownership is harsh. I have choices...but what to do?
Move to a somewhat free state
I could NEVER live in California. My bad ass Diesel trucks aren't legal there and my somewhat small arsenal (only at 16 now) of firearms including Cans (Silincers) and a few SBRs. Don't forget about them 3000rpm 30 round clip ghost guns :lol:
[ame]

x_man586

Thank you Diatoms
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White Mustang GT m6
Ruger Security Six .357 mag in passenger map pocket. Walther ppk .380 in console

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
Ive used a desantis Kingston in other vehicles but in a mustang I'd want more stealth plus no interference when shifting.

Personally, I've got a G19 on my hip in a glock sport/combat holster, G26 in a pocket AHolster, 33rd mag offside pocket and 19rd mag at 8. Endura clipped to offside pocket and Talon knife on neck chain.

In my bag its an SU-16c and G20 with serpa and half dozen mags with double tap.

Still need to read through the thread for a good mounting/concealment location in the Stang's cockpit.

-Emt1581

Exikutioner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50th Appearance GT
Finally got around to getting the picture uploaded.
The holster was rubbing on the center console a little too much. Got some stick on felt from the craft store and cut one section to size. Been there at least a month and a half, and even in the cold, the felt stays put. No more rubbing or marks on the console. I am VERY happy with this setup after a few months use.
uploadfromtaptalk1450656993308.jpg

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Finally got around to getting the picture uploaded.
The holster was rubbing on the center console a little too much. Got some stick on felt from the craft store and cut one section to size. Been there at least a month and a half, and even in the cold, the felt stays put. No more rubbing or marks on the console. I am VERY happy with this setup after a few months use.
I'd be hesitant to leave the grip in plain view without some seriously dark tint on the driver's window.

As far as the positioning, does that actually allow for a smooth/fast draw? Looks like it'd be difficult to get your arm back, slide the fingers between the console and grip, and then yank it upward in a hurry. Also, does it wear/damage the seat/console at all? I'd be curious to see what both look like in 10 years of rubbingi in that area.

Carry on! :cheers:

-Emt1581

Sponsored

03ramit1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Dodge Ram
I could get into a debate here, about safety's, carrying chambered, and many other comments. But I won't as I don't feel like debating this. All I gotta say is it's your life and your decision. Now I use this set up in my truck, To carry my sig P229. http://www.gumcreekcustoms.com/

It has worked wonders. Now I saw the comments about the airbag under the wheel. Maybe you could see about using the gum creek mount to secure it elsewhere. I'm fortunate enough to live in a town where we don't lock our doors, and theft is so low that it's almost non existent. I keep my gun mounted in my truck and keep a suppressed AR under the back seat. Up here in the sticks, we don't keep bug out bags. We keep everyday stuff. (Same thing but honestly used much more often) in our rigs. It's not uncommon to help a fellow motorist, I have stopped to help people that were broke down, and given them water and blankets, just to stay warm until a tow truck could arrive. Keeping fire starting stuff, TP, snacks, first aid, water, blankets ect Are normal. Also carrying a rifle and handgun is normal. That's just life. You city folk, are a bit funny in your thought process.

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I could get into a debate here, about safety's, carrying chambered, and many other comments. But I won't as I don't feel like debating this. All I gotta say is it's your life and your decision. Now I use this set up in my truck, To carry my sig P229. http://www.gumcreekcustoms.com/

It has worked wonders. Now I saw the comments about the airbag under the wheel. Maybe you could see about using the gum creek mount to secure it elsewhere. I'm fortunate enough to live in a town where we don't lock our doors, and theft is so low that it's almost non existent. I keep my gun mounted in my truck and keep a suppressed AR under the back seat. Up here in the sticks, we don't keep bug out bags. We keep everyday stuff. (Same thing but honestly used much more often) in our rigs. It's not uncommon to help a fellow motorist, I have stopped to help people that were broke down, and given them water and blankets, just to stay warm until a tow truck could arrive. Keeping fire starting stuff, TP, snacks, first aid, water, blankets ect Are normal. Also carrying a rifle and handgun is normal. That's just life. You city folk, are a bit funny in your thought process.
Not sure if you were talking to me in your last post there, but I'm not looking to debate you.

I will say that the specific holster they are using...and charging $20 for is around $6 at wal-mart. It's your standard universal rig and not really good for anything other than something like this. But in this capacity it's pretty much the same as the DeSantis Kingston I mentioned as they use something like that but it belts around the front of the seat between your knees instead of the steering column.

I do like the steering column idea, but I saw someone ask before...can you see it from the outside if walking past or up to the vehicle? If it's 100%, no matter how hard you look...out of the way...I'd say this might be the way to go.

Thanks

-Emt1581

FATHERFORD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I thought everyone kept their SBR Draco's mounted to their trunk lid?

Excelerater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT

The prob w those is you cant see in front of in dark lighting,even with a flash hider all you see is FLASH....I sold mine for that reason,they are pretty much
IMO a novelty .

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trunk lid? I used to keep mine in my bag on my passenger's seat. Unless you're Danny Glover gearing up for a battle with the Predator...I'm not a fan of trunk guns.

Replaced my Draco with my SU-16C which is 10 times the gun! :)

-Emt1581
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.