Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
I don't blame them. Kia/Hyundai is the car company trying the hardest and making the best improvements lately.
Add Toyota, Honda and Subaru and you have some of the most reliable affordable cars out there.

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
Says the country that exported some of the crappiest cars ever?

Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I don't blame them. Kia/Hyundai is the car company trying the hardest and making the best improvements lately.
Add Toyota, Honda and Subaru and you have some of the most reliable affordable cars out there.
Did you see the i30 Hatch Hyundai is going to make? Nice looking little toy car. Reminds me of the VW Golf.

I owned 1 Hyundai, which was my first and brand new car. It was a 2001 Hyundai Accent. I never had anything besides maintenance done on it for the first 9 years, 180k miles I put on it. I beat the crap out of the slow POS to which after 180k, I killed the trans on it because I always manually shifted it LOL. Hyundai wasn't at there pinnacle of reliability in early 2000's but it's really when they started caring.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Hyundai Santa Fes are pretty nice.

There's also that Kia Stinger.

And now the entire Genesis line.

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They have gotten better it seems, but time will tell. Up until recently, they made garbage. Literal Trash.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Bought my sister a 2006 Kia Spectra with 80K on it. Did the timing belt and brakes way early because I knew she'd never do it, and my dad changes her oil... that's the only maintenance it's had. She lives in downtown Chicago and couldn't be bothered to change a light bulb let alone any more critical maintenance and it's at 110K... no issues. Quite liked that car - the most comfy seats in an econobox I've ever sat in, believe it or it. Put some reasonably good tires on it and it's very quiet, too. Meanwhile, the 2011 Ford Fiesta I had with only 38K spent 3-months in two dealerships getting the transmission serviced and eventually replaced. So...

Sponsored

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bought my sister a 2006 Kia Spectra with 80K on it. Did the timing belt and brakes way early because I knew she'd never do it, and my dad changes her oil... that's the only maintenance it's had. She lives in downtown Chicago and couldn't be bothered to change a light bulb let alone any more critical maintenance and it's at 110K... no issues. Quite liked that car - the most comfy seats in an econobox I've ever sat in, believe it or it. Put some reasonably good tires on it and it's very quiet, too. Meanwhile, the 2011 Ford Fiesta I had with only 38K spent 3-months in two dealerships getting the transmission serviced and eventually replaced. So...
I base much of my quality assessment against Toyota so take that for what it's worth.

Also, I think most if not all of the Fiesta is made in Asia or was at that time.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
I think it's generally accepted among everyone that Fords are shit. We are all idiots for liking Mustangs.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
They have gotten better it seems, but time will tell. Up until recently, they made garbage. Literal Trash.
My wife bought a sorento new, we sold it with 115k on it. I cant call it a pos, cant call it quality either, but when I got her a new limited 4runner she couldnt believe the difference in quality.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
My wife bought a sorento new, we sold it with 115k on it. I cant call it a pos, cant call it quality either, but when I got her a new limited 4runner she couldnt believe the difference in quality.
You're comparing a mid $20k suv to a $40k+ SUV. I wouldn't believe the difference in quality in either. :crazy:

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You're comparing a mid $20k suv to a $40k+ SUV. I wouldn't believe the difference in quality in either. :crazy:
If you trim out a Sorento to be comparable to the 4Runner it will be close to the same price with nowhere near the capability, quality, or resale value of the 4Runner.

Now if you compare the Sorento to the Highlander, it becomes closer in price, but the Highlander doesn't come in a trim a stripped as the KIA so you still won't come in as cheap. There again, the Highlander has much higher resale value.
Sponsored