Rtr springs

EgDude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic gray GTPP premium 6MT
Anyone ever run these? I'm having a hard time figuring out what I want spring wise. I don't want sportlines before someone says buy sportlines... Just wondering why i never see people with these springs. Also should add this is my daily driver and I'd like to remain comfortable.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Well, first off, they're new, so that'd be why you don't see anyone with them.

If you don't plan on replacing shocks, I'd get BMR SP080 Performance Springs (1.2F/0.5R drops). They're specifically designed for the PP shocks. You could also get a minimum drop front (.875" drop) at the same rate, the SP089, paired with the performance rears, SP082.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Go straight to Steeda Progressive, BMR Performance, or Swift Spec R and be happy.

OP
OP
EgDude

EgDude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
I also like what I've read about the Vogtlands a lot. Apparently they are also designed to work with pp struts. Didn't know the rtrs were new. I'll look at the sp080.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Oh yeah, Vogtlands are nice, too! Been in a few cars with them. Owner was very happy - except with the paint job on the springs, but you won't see that purple ugliness.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Springs need to be chosen for a specific purpose.

What is your purpose for installing them?

There are so many springs out there. Many, are just a guess on what the customer will want for looks...and the design behind them is "Well, we gotta make 'em stiffer so how about just doing 15% stiffer and call it a day"

If you want the springs for specific purposes, do some research on the rates, the purpose for each kit, and also decide on what supporting modifications that you want to make. For example, if you plan to get aftermarket shocks and struts, then you will want to narrow the springs down based on the rates and how you use your car...and that will result in your options being much smaller than the amount of total springs available for purchase.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Springs need to be chosen for a specific purpose.

What is your purpose for installing them?

There are so many springs out there. Many, are just a guess on what the customer will want for looks...and the design behind them is "Well, we gotta make 'em stiffer so how about just doing 15% stiffer and call it a day"

If you want the springs for specific purposes, do some research on the rates, the purpose for each kit, and also decide on what supporting modifications that you want to make. For example, if you plan to get aftermarket shocks and struts, then you will want to narrow the springs down based on the rates and how you use your car...and that will result in your options being much smaller than the amount of total springs available for purchase.
This ^^^ (also originally stated here in 07/2015: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=665209&postcount=125)

If you're looking for a guide on what suits your goals, many of us can help with that.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
lol......how in the world did you just post that?

I better watch what I post! Dang!

OP
OP
EgDude

EgDude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Daily driver. Some random fun here and there. Might hit the strip once or twice a year (depending on time off work). So more for looks and comfort but a little added performance is not a bad thing one bit. The sp080 looks about what I'm thinking. Vogtlands haven't had anything bad said about them and ya purple isn't my thing but like you said I wouldn't see them haha.

Sponsored

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
The SP080 is the spring for you, based on the post above. I am very confident in that.

Enjoy!

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase