rtr adjustable shock and struts

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
[MENTION=25806]SteedaTech[/MENTION] Steeda Pro-Action FTW! Get them and never look back.

stormhammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium PP, Roush Passive Quads
So, I'm curious - can someone explain to me why there seems to be a dislike for RTR stuff?

Must_Tang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gone-2016 Mustang GT Premium
Companies like Steeda and BMR are well known for a reason; their products are extremely well engineered and backed.

Sponsored

yellowstangatl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Orange Fury GT
Compare the design of these with the Steeda and Koni, they look identical other than color. These are likely made by the same manufacturer just with possibly different valving. The Steeda's are on sale and a known commodity and actually supported by them, with the RTR there's a bit of an unknown if you ever have issues with them.

Must_Tang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Then go with them

RonStang6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Oxford White Auto
The RTR valving is totally unknown. The price looks attractive but I wouldn't put them on my car. If you GOOGLE RTR shocks & struts you come up with American Muscle as the only source. Seems to be their house brand. I have Steeda Adjustable Shocks & Struts on my car and they are a huge improvement over the stock shocks & struts, well worth the money. And remember you are probably going to have to pay someone to install the shocks & struts around $400-500 so getting shocks & struts that perform worst than stock would be a big mistake.

fsvec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Francisco
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang Ecoboost
Companies like Steeda and BMR are well known for a reason; their products are extremely well engineered and backed.
So having said that, Koni Str.t vs. Steeda Pro-Action non-adjustable? asking for a friend :D

Must_Tang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've not tried the Konis, but for my goal of a DD that I can track 7 or 8 times a year, the Steeda fixed dampers work great. Huge improvements over the stock dampers.

What are your goals with your Stang?

Last edited:

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase

fsvec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Francisco
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang Ecoboost
I've not tried the Konis, but for my goal of a DD that I can track 7 or 8 times a year, the Steeda fixed dampers work great. Huge improvements over the stock dampers.

What are your goals with your Stang?
I want to plant the car and take away all bounciness, gonna be staying with stock springs

Must_Tang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I see that you have a non PP GT. My car is the same, and the Steedas I've installed really tightens things up and keep it comfy for DD duties.

Also get the Steeda shock mounts, and the BMR CB 005 cradle lockout kit. You won't be disappointed!! There is plenty of info on this forum about these - they are worth every penny.

fsvec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Francisco
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang Ecoboost
I see that you have a non PP GT. My car is the same, and the Steedas I've installed really tightens things up and keep it comfy for DD duties.

Also get the Steeda shock mounts, and the BMR CB 005 cradle lockout kit. You won't be disappointed!! There is plenty of info on this forum about these - they are worth every penny.
Already have the steeda tower brace, bmr k brace and bmr lockouts. After installing the lockouts the car feels bumpier in the back, its tighter all around so maybe that has something to do with it?

I do plan on getting steeda rear shock mounts, I heard that makes a big difference.

Must_Tang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think what you're feeling is the stock shocks. Stock GTs are pretty soft. The Steeda shocks and struts will firm it up. Don't just do the rears, do all four corners so the car will be balanced. Otherwise you will have a mismatch in dampening front to rear.
Sponsored