RTD+ issues via TDN app

Rental18GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wesley
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT base, 2004 Ford Expedition
Picked up my RTD+ device last week and have not been able to pair it to my phone through the app. My phone picks up the Bluetooth signal through the settings without any issues. I have tried about two or three dozen times to run the "first time setup" and it won't recognize the RTD+ device at all. I'm curious if anyone else has had any issues, if so what was the fix? I sent a help ticket to HPTuners on the 30th, hoping to hear back from them today.
Sponsored

Mdtaylorjr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Wengerd did a full walk through video of how to use the new device plus app. It's on you tube and about 20 mins but a good video. Actually has me thinking of switching from my sct to the new device.

OP
OP
Rental18GT

Rental18GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wesley
Vehicle(s)
Wengerd did a full walk through video of how to use the new device plus app. It's on you tube and about 20 mins but a good video. Actually has me thinking of switching from my sct to the new device.
Yeah, I watched it and it was a great video but it did not help me with my issue.

I actually had this issue resolved last night, I went thru Ortiz Performance since they have a sales rep local to me. He was extremely helpful and made sure everything worked as it should before I left. It turns out that if you hold the bluetooth button for 10 seconds it starts to rapid flash and apparently that is some sort of diagnostic or repair mode. After we did that my phone paired right up and we were able to get the read file and everything went smoothly. Before that, my phone was reading it as an MPVI2 for some strange reason. So if anyone has this issue in the future just hold down the BT button on the device for 10 seconds until it rapidly flashes and it should fix your problem.

Mdtaylorjr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Yeah, I watched it and it was a great video but it did not help me with my issue.

I actually had this issue resolved last night, I went thru Ortiz Performance since they have a sales rep local to me. He was extremely helpful and made sure everything worked as it should before I left. It turns out that if you hold the bluetooth button for 10 seconds it starts to rapid flash and apparently that is some sort of diagnostic or repair mode. After we did that my phone paired right up and we were able to get the read file and everything went smoothly. Before that, my phone was reading it as an MPVI2 for some strange reason. So if anyone has this issue in the future just hold down the BT button on the device for 10 seconds until it rapidly flashes and it should fix your problem.
Yea Luis and Lee over at ortiz are great guys. I've been tuned through them for about a year now. They respond quick and always answer every question. Plus they're from Texas so gotta support local.

OP
OP
Rental18GT

Rental18GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wesley
Vehicle(s)
Yea Luis and Lee over at ortiz are great guys. I've been tuned through them for about a year now. They respond quick and always answer every question. Plus they're from Texas so gotta support local.
Very cool, yeah Lee lives about 15-20mins from which is very helpful.
Sponsored