Sponsored

Roush Wheels Rubbing w/o Steering Stop Kit?

RavenBlack1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson Ford Mustang GT
Gents,

Recently picked up a set of the 2015-2021 ROUSH Mustang 20 x 9.5 Quicksilver Cast Aluminum Wheel, PART #: 421896 (+45mm offset).

The tires that come on the Stage 3 are 275/35/R20. The website cautions that, to avoid front wheel rubbing, one must install the Steering Stop kit. Allegedly, all the Roush Mustangs have this kit installed.

The question is, can I go with the 275/35 in the front without the stop kit and without rubbing if I am running stock base GT (non-PP) ride-height? All of the Roush models are at least 1” drop, so it is my hope that I will not need the steering stop kit at stock ride height.

Anyone familiar with this? I know Fitment Industries ran a 305/30 R20 with stock ride height, so I would think I should be good.

Any input is greatly appreciated!
Sponsored

Steve68Cougar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'68 Cougar, '08 Mustang Bullitt, '18 Mustang RS2
I don't know that I can answer your question, but my '18 Roush rims actually are tighter to the strut than my 19x11 Apex rims. Just because an 11" wide rim worked for them, I wouldn't assume that the 9.5" rim works. The difference in backspacing/offset may be enough to keep it from working with the 9.5" wide rim. I believe I have steering stops, but at this point I couldn't verify it. I know that neither of the setups have ever rubbed, and I'm dropped more than average (although I've never actually measured it).