Sponsored

Roush Supercharged GT Premium or GT350?

ice_age_revenge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future GT350
Okay guys I am stuck in the middle, I am new to this forum and I want to decide what to go with coming from a Camaro SS. Of course everyone sees the new Shelby GT350 like a goddess which it is, but the price that comes with it isnt. My plan b is to get a fully loaded 16' GT Premium with PP and Recaro Leather Seats and have the dealer install a Roush Stage 1 Supercharger so that I can get it with warranty. I could probably get all of this for $10K less than the Shelby GT350. The only thing that is holding me back is that I know that when you go with forced induction eventually some stock parts will give up like the clutch, transmission, etc which at the end will end up costing me the same as the Shelby. So what would you guys recommend?
Sponsored

sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
The chances off you getting your hands on the 350 are not very good right now. The production is very limited and dealers are going to want way over sticker for them! I would go the 16 loaded up and get the whipple with their warranty ... Yes there is always parts that will need upgrades but that all depends on what your doing with the car if your not tracking it and it's a weekend warrior there is nothing to stress over.. My .02

OP
OP

ice_age_revenge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future GT350
The chances off you getting your hands on the 350 are not very good right now. The production is very limited and dealers are going to want way over sticker for them! I would go the 16 loaded up and get the whipple with their warranty ... Yes there is always parts that will need upgrades but that all depends on what your doing with the car if your not tracking it and it's a weekend warrior there is nothing to stress over.. My .02
I have been on the waiting list to place my order for a while now so yes the chances are slim. I have a dealer that is only going to charge 5K adm over the sticker price, that's if they keep their word. If I were to go with the GT, it would be only a weekend car and the only hard driving that I would give it would be when another car wants a piece of me:headbang:

Kyle@ROUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
Personally I'd rather save the money and make more power. Depends on what you're after.

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat

^^ This !!

350 is nice for sure & will prob. hold it's resale value better (in the short term at least), but hard to find without paying ADM & I just can't bring myself to do that.

I went the "roll your own" route (see my sig.) and am getting a car built exactly the way I want without any dealer ADM nonsense (actually way under MSRP on the base car).

If you think you might dump the car in 2 or 3 years, I'd say take a hard look @ the 350 as you never get back more than a fraction of your extra $$ spent on modded cars.

Sponsored

Derek@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT 300A w/ Brembo's
If you are purely looking for dollar per HP value, the GT with a Whipple or Roush blower would be the way to go. If you are looking for something to dominate the race track and turn heads, the GT350 is the way to go and is my personal car of choice (if I had the coin to opt for one).

15RRGT

I am teh liquor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT PP TVS
You want a slightly peaky hp car that you rev high to make power and don't want to drive often because it's limited edition and people you park around don't get it, or a torque monster with even higher hp that will push you back in the seat starting at 2500 rpm in a package you can drive year round? Your choice lol.

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Okay guys I am stuck in the middle, I am new to this forum and I want to decide what to go with coming from a Camaro SS. Of course everyone sees the new Shelby GT350 like a goddess which it is, but the price that comes with it isnt. My plan b is to get a fully loaded 16' GT Premium with PP and Recaro Leather Seats and have the dealer install a Roush Stage 1 Supercharger so that I can get it with warranty. I could probably get all of this for $10K less than the Shelby GT350. The only thing that is holding me back is that I know that when you go with forced induction eventually some stock parts will give up like the clutch, transmission, etc which at the end will end up costing me the same as the Shelby. So what would you guys recommend?
You can certainly go either way, HP vs $$ is going to be the supercharged vehicle. The GT350 is sexy but getting them will be difficult and the power simply won't be the same. Although, we've already developed a kit for the GT350 with a couple new goodies and power is incredible!

As for the warranty, we also offer a warranty. No matter what, your factory powertrain warranty will be void so any failure caused or related to any aftermarket change will void that portion of the warranty. Therefore you will be counting on the "supplemental" warranty to cover any possible damage, which is highly unlikely (failure).

tws123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt premium
I wanted a auto transmission so it made my decision easier but the zero percent financing and rebates sealed the deal! I paid 36 for my gt premium so I have 22 to spend before I got to gt 350 technology msrp. I am not sure I would want to be the first year flat plane crank trial. It may be a bust! flame suit on For what these dealers want with markups I would go buy a 2015 z06 for mid seventies

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red GT500 CFTP
Sounds like a weekend driver/project car which is exactly what I'm doing. If I had the 350 I wouldn't mod it at all, just enjoy and show it off as is. The GT I can treat as a supremely fun science project (I've already spent 350 money on it).
Sponsored