Sponsored

Roush spoiler install template

ecosvo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Ecoboost Mustang
Hey guys, I scored a used Roush spoiler off eBay for a great price, but it didn't come with any hardware, mounting template cutout etc.

By any chance, did anyone that installed this same spoiler hold onto their templates? I'd be happy to pay for it if you did. Thanks!

(I've attached a photo of the spoiler I'm referring to)
421919-1-385x270.jpg
Sponsored

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
You can probably contact them and pay them to print off a copy for you, as well, if you don't have a plotter.

JR

sw686blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red Mustang GT PP
As an FYI, I installed mine using only double sided tape (the good stuff). It has been on the car for nearly 6000 miles and it has not moved a hair and I checked it fairly often at the start. I was not too keen on drilling holes to attach it.

OP
OP

ecosvo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was thinking about possibly attaching it with some betalink I've got on hand instead of drilling, BMW style. I don't know, I called Roush yesterday and they're sending me a full install kit for the spoiler sans the double sided tape. I guess I'll just have to see how I'm feeling once everything comes in.

Not drilling for spoilers kinda freaks me out, thinking what if I end up hurting someone with a flying spoiler because I missed a spot with the wax and grease remover. I know adhesive these days is crazy strong, and I'm probably just being a loon.... Do a lot of people run spoilers with just adhesive on here?

Sponsored

sw686blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Dude, did you not read my post just above yours??

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I ran my regular GT blade spoiler with just 3M and I applied my RTR spoiler the same way last week, just 3M. I weighed it down with some books on the sides this time to make sure it doesn't lift because this one is probably under more pressure, so far no issues.

OP
OP

ecosvo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dude, did you not read my post just above yours??
I did, I was responding to it with additional questions, trying to see how many others along with you have had success with 3m only. Sorry if it seemed like I was ignoring you :)

Also thanks for the response Nagare!

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
I did, I was responding to it with additional questions, trying to see how many others along with you have had success with 3m only. Sorry if it seemed like I was ignoring you :)

Personally, I don't trust tape alone. I know it's super strong, and I know a lot of people have used it alone with great success, but I don't trust tape to stop a 6-10 pound spoiler from becoming a projectile on the freeway at 80 MPH. Again, person preference, and maybe I'm just too cautious with stuff like this, but I'd be too afraid of it becoming detached during adverse conditions (wind/cold/snow/rain) and have it hit someone, killing them or damaging their vehicle (which you're liable for).

Drilling the trunk to install my GT350 Track Pack spoiler wasn't hard, just pucker inducing.

JR

sw686blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
I'd be surprised if the Roush spoiler even weighs 1.5 lbs. They are very light. I was very worried about using just 3M tape, so I would check it every single day when I first installed it. It has not moved at all. I still check it, probably once per week, but so far, so good!

Sponsored

sw686blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)

No worries! :like:

You are going to love the look of it once installed. Obviously I'm a little biased, but I think that these are the best looking spoilers for our S550s. :rockon:

TripleB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Snack Pack- Whipple Stage 2
I have the fake roush spoiler on my car attached with 3m extreme tape. Has been on for over. Year and it has seen speeds in excess of 150 in Mexico. Go with confidence

OP
OP

ecosvo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for all the replies! I agree that this is one of the best looking spoilers for our cars, and I'm excited to put it on. I've decided to bolt it on, I don't really want to take the bolts off of the roush spoiler as they're molded into the plastic, and I don't really mind drilling holes in my trunk. I figure I can always get another one if I really really need to. I'll post pics once I put it on!
Sponsored