Sponsored

Roush rear valance install - anyone else had this problem?

Jmart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Premium, Lightning Blue
I received my Corsa black quad tips and Roush rear valance this past week and was all set to complete the install today. Everything went smoothly until I installed the studs that thread into the middle hole on both ends of the valance. Roush's instructions say to thread in the studs until 1" stud length is remaining. The supplied studs are 2" long with different thread types - the 1" course thread cuts into the diffuser plastic and the other thread accepts a nut for bumper attachment.

Before the stud is even in 1", I check the front of the diffuser to find the threads have started punching through the front surface :frusty:

I've read the instructions from start to finish and watched Bill's CJ Pony Parts video a couple times. Everything mentions the 1" boss standoff, so I'm thinking the studs I got are too long. Roush is closed weekends so I'll call them tomorrow, but just wondering if anyone else has had this issue. At this point I'm not going to put everything back together until I resolve - definitely frustrating.

/rant, thanks for listening

PS the black finish on the Corsa quads looks amazing. Can't wait to get everything buttoned up!
unnamed-1.jpg
unnamed.jpg
unnamed-2.jpg
Sponsored

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Roush’s online instructions, which are the most updated, make note of that difference and have a shallower depth mount. I almost did that myself.

OP
OP
Jmart

Jmart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Premium, Lightning Blue
Unfortunately Roush's installation instructions have been down on their website - I just spoke with a Roush rep and he mentioned an update to their website that's in process.

Great service from Roush - they're standing behind their product/instructions and sending out a replacement center section.

Good lesson for anyone installing the Roush valance - be careful with those studs! Even Bill's CJ Pony Parts video mentions the 1" standoff, but this will likely damage the unit. Just a heads up.
Sponsored