Roush Rear Valance (Rear Diffuser)

Melekith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I know we have a couple of threads already talking about diffusers, but I didn't see anything for the Roush part specifically. It appears that this part is officially for sale...

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com...ustang-Roush-Rear-Fascia-Valance-Black-421894

Mods I've posted this in the 'Cosmetic' area because this really isn't a functional performance modification. Please feel free to move this thread though if it would make more sense elsewhere.

I love the look of quad tips, and when the time comes for me to upgrade my exhaust I will absolutely be purchasing a quad-tipped catback (or I'll just add my own quad tips custom).

I'm concerned about the note that LMR has for this part, "Requires Ford premium package". I think this is because only the Premium trims have an OEM diffuser that is detachable/removable. On any base car...we are stuck with the single color rear bumper...it's all one molded piece. :doh:

I'm sure it's going to be crazy expensive to source a Premium rear bumper. What I'm wondering though...is whether or not I could simply install the Roush diffuser on top of my bumper? I mean...why wouldn't this work? The only real issue I'm seeing is that once overlaid...you might still see a bit of the OEM bumper where is goes around each exhaust tip. This could possibly require cutting/trimming of those areas to properly fit quad tips within that space.

I have a base model GT. I'm very tempted to pull the trigger on the Roush valence and give it a try, likely once Spring time hits. As long as it could be installed on top of the bumper, as an overlay, I think I could make it work and I'd do a full write up for others to follow.

What do you all think?
Sponsored

2yankeesoldiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197
I would be interested in how this works for you.
Looks like it would fit any model, Base included. But they clearly state for premium model.

It's a fair price for such an AWSOME piece.

bguerrero13

bguerrero13
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
Black Appearance PKG Ecoboost Premium
Quad tips in my opinion, just look awesome. I don't see why it would work, but I'd like to see pics when you get it done. Do you know if adding custom quad tips hurts performs at all? Or are the tips just for aesthetics?
Sponsored