Roush Mustangs....

kauljp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I've got a 2018 Stage 2 with a supercharger that the PO had installed by the dealership when it was new. I got a great deal on it (it was a Chrysler dealership), which is a big part of why I got it. One thing to be aware of is that the supercharger warranty is only good for the original owner (if it's dealer installed as opposed to the factory installed Stage 3). I talked with the shop at the dealership that put it on, and they said everything else is still covered other than the supercharger itself. From a warranty standpoint, you're better off getting a low mileage Stage 2 and getting it put on rather than getting one that's already done. My '18 has the coilover suspension setup on it, whereas the later ones have reprogrammed Magneride if I understand right. I'm happy with the coilovers, but wish it had the 3 ways instead of the single adjustable. I may change them out at some point. I had been looking at getting a Bullitt when I got the Roush. The Roush was just a bit cheaper than a Bullitt would have been and instead of 480hp I have 700. I have an '08 Bullitt that I bought new, and it's never gotten the attention that this car does. I was a little surprised that people noticed this one that much. I thought the color combo was subtle enough that it would fly under the radar a bit. As far as resale, I think the original owner is the one that took the big hit. I have no plans on selling, so it wasn't that much of a factor anyway. BTW, I love the new Mach 1 (as well as Bullitt). This was just too good of a deal to pass up.
PXL_20210112_205424059 (2).jpg
your car is an eye catcher, not sure why you didt think it would be the case.
Sponsored

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush RS2, 2011 Nissan Murano SV
Thank you!! Dealership reached out to me on a 2020 I’ve been watching and threw out a $69.5K offer.
If you are serious and have that kind of cash, tell them that you'll come in and do the paperwork today at 67K. If they are calling you, they want to move the car. On that type of number, they have the room to do it. Your leverage is how long it's been sitting there and we're in August of 2021 here folks.

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
Do the orange bro, you wont regret it
If I go anything bright, it will be Grabber Blue. But I really love Roush and those GB's (used as I only have that kind of cash) are unicorns. I was super lucky to get what I got for the money, so not complaining. Maybe someday.

1628279690093.png

stanger1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2013 Shelby GT500-Sold, 2017 Roush RS3
The Grabber Blue is my favorite as the Roush I have now, GB, 17, and yes, Auto, is what got me to sell my 2013 Shelby GT500.
I had made a list of those requirements', and lo and behold, it was found.
2017 Roush Learjet.jpg

Temovic55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 2014, ROUSH II 2018
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2018 RS2 w/o active exhaust but with Roush suspensions which is a must in case you wanted to add a FI set up like I did ( VMP ODIN ).
rest of cosmetics pretty much the same except I did replaced the grille with cervini. Also, took off the factory vinyl and replaced it with the SuperSnake one's

Sponsored

GUSTOPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Do the orange bro, you wont regret it
The one I possibly was was going to get last weekend got sold Friday night. I had an appointment Saturday morning. Oh well. There will be more. Eyeing a couple. Eyeing GT500'S too as they slowly come down to "Normalish" prices. And as always GT350'S and Mach's. All depends on what I find and the deals.. Missing my PP2 I sold but could not pass up what they were giving for it. Good luck if you have not pulled the trigger yet!

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
I have a 2018 RS2 w/o active exhaust but with Roush suspensions which is a must in case you wanted to add a FI set up like I did ( VMP ODIN ).
rest of cosmetics pretty much the same except I did replaced the grille with cervini. Also, took off the factory vinyl and replaced it with the SuperSnake one's
I have the same setup w/o active exhaust. Did you remove the baffle plates from your interior quad exhaust tips? If not, I highly recommend!!

Temovic55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have the same setup w/o active exhaust. Did you remove the baffle plates from your interior quad exhaust tips? If not, I highly recommend!!
Honestly I'm not sure but I would say they don't exist! Are they the ones with clamps ( outside )cause I haven't seen the vertical flapper ( inside )? Anyways, Do you recommend that for better exhaust flow ?? Is that what you're aiming for ?
Thanx!

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
Honestly I'm not sure but I would say they don't exist! Are they the ones with clamps ( outside )cause I haven't seen the vertical flapper ( inside )? Anyways, Do you recommend that for better exhaust flow ?? Is that what you're aiming for ?
Thanx!
If they are in, you can see them plainly when looking into your exhaust tips. You will see a solid piece closing the inner exhaust tube completely off. When you remove them (see below, piece of cake) yes, you will get better flow, but it's all about the magical sound man!!

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
I sold mine. Guy got a deal thsts For Sure. Resale is not great. Funny thing is I sold it to a Chevy dealer. The manager drove it, after bragging about all the sports cars he’s driven, and said “that’s one of the most badass cars I’ve ever driven, lol. Said he hated mustangs until now. Ford and Roush nailed it.
What did you move on to?

Sponsored

Steve68Cougar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'68 Cougar, '08 Mustang Bullitt, '18 Mustang RS2
I used some washers to make partial block-offs (along with a thin piece of steel to keep them in place). If I wasn't supercharged I probably would have just removed the plates and been done with it, but the supercharger makes it pretty loud when they're completely removed. This way I'm only the loudest car at the autocross some of the time. It's pretty easy to remove if I ever feel like going full volume.
PXL_20210702_005721286.jpg

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
I used some washers to make partial block-offs (along with a thin piece of steel to keep them in place). If I wasn't supercharged I probably would have just removed the plates and been done with it, but the supercharger makes it pretty loud when they're completely removed. This way I'm only the loudest car at the autocross some of the time. It's pretty easy to remove if I ever feel like going full volume.
PXL_20210702_005721286.jpg
Good idea. I felt like I wasn't quite loud enough with the baffles and at times I feel like I'm a little overboard w/o them. I considered drilling out the existing plates a little at a time to reach a happy medium, but then I said... screw it. If I want to modulate, I just use my right foot. It's not overbearing under light acceleration. But it sounds too good when I want to hear it wail and that usually corresponds to when I want to go fast, so I'm good without them in.

Steve68Cougar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'68 Cougar, '08 Mustang Bullitt, '18 Mustang RS2
Good idea. I felt like I wasn't quite loud enough with the baffles and at times I feel like I'm a little overboard w/o them. I considered drilling out the existing plates a little at a time to reach a happy medium, but then I said... screw it. If I want to modulate, I just use my right foot. It's not overbearing under light acceleration. But it sounds too good when I want to hear it wail and that usually corresponds to when I want to go fast, so I'm good without them in.
I've actually got a plate designed that you cold tune the sound level by changing the cutout size. I've been too cheap to have any made at this point, as the washers are working fine. I don't blame you for saying "screw it".
mufflerplate.JPG

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
I've actually got a plate designed that you cold tune the sound level by changing the cutout size. I've been too cheap to have any made at this point, as the washers are working fine. I don't blame you for saying "screw it".
mufflerplate.JPG
That's awesome man. Just another reminder you are driving a Roush lol. Although I was a bit surprised they don't put a logo on the steering wheel.

Last edited:

Temovic55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That's awesome man. Just another reminder you are driving a Roush lol. Although I was a bit surprised the don't put a logo on the steering wheel.
A ROUSH logo where it supposed to be!

IMG-20191004-WA0013.jpg
Sponsored