Sponsored

Roush Mustangs....

GForensic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Mach 1/GT500 Owner
Hello All,

Looking for some help on Roush Mustangs. Currently interested in either a Mach 1 or GT with a performance pack but have always liked the Roush Mustangs and started to think about those as well. In the limited research I have done it looks like only the Stage 3 is supercharged which is not what I would be looking for unless there was a great deal to be had so more than likely it would be a Stage 2. In looking at their website it seems that for 2021 there is only a Stage 3 version available. I would like to stay between 2018-2020 as I would like to have the 12 Inch LCD instrument panel and the A10 as well as the Stage 2 upgrade.

Can anyone chime in with what kind of roush mustang they have for the years I am interested in and how much they like them or not and if it is worth the upgrade? I would definitely love to here from the A10 crowd in particular. For reference, I would not track the car but just looking for something that looks and sounds badass as well as having some nice bells and whistles. I have owned a few GT's and GT350's so far so I am looking for something a little different hence the possible Mach 1 or Roush.

Also, any pictures, especially Ruby and/or Rapid Red, would be most appreciated!

Thanks!!
Sponsored

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush RS2, 2011 Nissan Murano SV
Hello All,

Looking for some help on Roush Mustangs. Currently interested in either a Mach 1 or GT with a performance pack but have always liked the Roush Mustangs and started to think about those as well. In the limited research I have done it looks like only the Stage 3 is supercharged which is not what I would be looking for unless there was a great deal to be had so more than likely it would be a Stage 2. In looking at their website it seems that for 2021 there is only a Stage 3 version available. I would like to stay between 2018-2020 as I would like to have the 12 Inch LCD instrument panel and the A10 as well as the Stage 2 upgrade.

Can anyone chime in with what kind of roush mustang they have for the years I am interested in and how much they like them or not and if it is worth the upgrade? I would definitely love to here from the A10 crowd in particular. For reference, I would not track the car but just looking for something that looks and sounds badass as well as having some nice bells and whistles. I have owned a few GT's and GT350's so far so I am looking for something a little different hence the possible Mach 1 or Roush.

Also, any pictures, especially Ruby and/or Rapid Red, would be most appreciated!

Thanks!!
I personally love my RS2 A10. Mine did not have the active exhaust, just the standard Roush Performance Exhaust. But it has baffles installed that are easy to remove. That really woke up the soul of the car. I think the Mach is cool too. Can't go wrong with a special edition of some type.

As to the A10. Its very flexible. If you want to pretend you are Michael Schumacher carving twisties with the paddles it can do that. Cruising without much fuss, can do that too. You just have to learn how to make it do what you want it to do with the various drive modes and paddle use options. There are a ton of great A10 discussion here. One annoyance for me is that in Normal mode, the car wants to skyrocket through the gears, which leaves you gaps in on demand torque. You have to really step into the pedal to get it to downshift.

I get a hard 4-5 shift in Sport Mode with the paddles. Its a bit unsettling, and there are a lot of accounts here where a re-flash has smoothed things out and I have yet to do that. I've learned the quirks and am very satisfied now that I know the rules.

These are with my current All Season Wheel/Tire setup which I'll be switching back out to the Roush OEMs very soon. Took me most of the winter to finally decide what I wanted, but I like these AMR types in dark stainless with the Magnetic Metallic. These are on 19x8.5s.

2A78B12D-B23E-4A28-B306-DD46586812DC.jpeg

BA29D432-28FC-4C43-A10E-99309F412084.jpeg

One thing I'm planning on doing is switching out the outer black pinstripes that surround the main center stripe with metallic silver. I love the look on the Shelby's and have seen Roush's come with the same design so no real departure, just think it will set it off, we'll see.

B63188C8-FB59-40F0-9A73-7CF69D0D4DB2.jpeg

These are the Roush forged 20x9.5s it came with as a factory upgrade.

F7C633F0-A4D1-47B0-B1BD-C2C1AAAD5B14.jpeg

Last edited:

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
I had a 17 rs3. Had several quality issues with it and dumped it after 6 months.

Elvis67

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19gt ..19 ss 72 chevelle
I personally love my RS2 A10. Mine did not have the active exhaust, just the standard Roush Performance Exhaust. But it has baffles installed that are easy to remove. That really woke up the soul of the car. I think the Mach is cool too. Can't go wrong with a special edition of some type.

As to the A10. Its very flexible. If you want to pretend you are Michael Schumacher carving twisties with the paddles it can do that. Cruising without much fuss, can do that too. You just have to learn how to make it do what you want it to do with the various drive modes and paddle use options. There are a ton of great A10 discussion here. One annoyance for me is that in Normal mode, the car wants to skyrocket through the gears, which leaves you gaps in on demand torque. You have to really step into the pedal to get it to downshift.

I get a hard 4-5 shift in Sport Mode with the paddles. Its a bit unsettling, and there are a lot of accounts here where a re-flash has smoothed things out and I have yet to do that. I've learned the quirks and am very satisfied now that I know the rules.

These are with my current All Season Wheel/Tire setup which I'll be switching back out to the Roush OEMs very soon. Took me most of the winter to finally decide what I wanted, but I like these AMR types in dark stainless with the Magnetic Metallic. These are on 19x8.5s.

2A78B12D-B23E-4A28-B306-DD46586812DC.jpeg

BA29D432-28FC-4C43-A10E-99309F412084.jpeg

One thing I'm planning on doing is switching out the outer black pinstripes that surround the main center stripe with metallic silver. I love the look on the Shelby's and have seen Roush's come with the same design so no real departure, just think it will set it off, we'll see.

B63188C8-FB59-40F0-9A73-7CF69D0D4DB2.jpeg

These are the Roush forged 20x9.5s it came with as a factory upgrade.

F7C633F0-A4D1-47B0-B1BD-C2C1AAAD5B14.jpeg
She sure is beautiful

Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I do love mine. There are quality issues for sure but the entire package is just awesome. I prefer it over anything else. The wheels (get one with ROush wheels), exhaust (try to get one with the Roush exhaust), the coilovers give you that 1" stance, front facia, wing, tires (continental extreme sports), and I even love the little fake vents on the side. I opted for Stage 2' and then SC because I don't like vinyl. Seriously hate it and the Stage 3's are vinyled up. I can't drive it without attention either. Thumbs ups, people recording me, and etc. It gets a little weird after awhile and I live around Motorcity with all kinds of stupid jacked cars so it was unexpected for sure. I mean seriously it's just a mustang with stickers is what people on here say but in real world people go gaga over it. At least they do mine.

Now the bad. The spoiler is not completely sealed, the trunk lid isn't properly adjusted, there are some gap issues where they put their aftermarket parts on. All things they will fix under warranty of course. And the resale value isn't in the same league as the shelbys even though they initially sticker around the same price. But I choose it over 2 Shelby's knowing that, that where sitting right next to it at the same price point as I eventually paid. In the end if it appeals to you then its a great package. Doesn't appeal to everyone. And you can get some crazy good deals on them if you look.

here is my insta if you want to look at it

https://www.instagram.com/malonejohnm/

GUSTOPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I do love mine. There are quality issues for sure but the entire package is just awesome. I prefer it over anything else. The wheels (get one with ROush wheels), exhaust (try to get one with the Roush exhaust), the coilovers give you that 1" stance, front facia, wing, tires (continental extreme sports), and I even love the little fake vents on the side. I opted for Stage 2' and then SC because I don't like vinyl. Seriously hate it and the Stage 3's are vinyled up. I can't drive it without attention either. Thumbs ups, people recording me, and etc. It gets a little weird after awhile and I live around Motorcity with all kinds of stupid jacked cars so it was unexpected for sure. I mean seriously it's just a mustang with stickers is what people on here say but in real world people go gaga over it. At least they do mine.

Now the bad. The spoiler is not completely sealed, the trunk lid isn't properly adjusted, there are some gap issues where they put their aftermarket parts on. All things they will fix under warranty of course. And the resale value isn't in the same league as the shelbys even though they initially sticker around the same price. But I choose it over 2 Shelby's knowing that, that where sitting right next to it at the same price point as I eventually paid. In the end if it appeals to you then its a great package. Doesn't appeal to everyone. And you can get some crazy good deals on them if you look.

here is my insta if you want to look at it

https://www.instagram.com/malonejohnm/
Nice write up. I love the Roush Mustangs. I am actually looking at a Kona Blue side vinyl delete this week. Who knows. Great deal but as you said... One of the main things that makes me hesitate is the resale. No bueno but who knows what I will think. I love the GT500 AND GT350'S AS WELL. We will have to see what calls my name at the time.. many factors to consider.

Steve68Cougar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'68 Cougar, '08 Mustang Bullitt, '18 Mustang RS2
I've got a 2018 Stage 2 with a supercharger that the PO had installed by the dealership when it was new. I got a great deal on it (it was a Chrysler dealership), which is a big part of why I got it. One thing to be aware of is that the supercharger warranty is only good for the original owner (if it's dealer installed as opposed to the factory installed Stage 3). I talked with the shop at the dealership that put it on, and they said everything else is still covered other than the supercharger itself. From a warranty standpoint, you're better off getting a low mileage Stage 2 and getting it put on rather than getting one that's already done. My '18 has the coilover suspension setup on it, whereas the later ones have reprogrammed Magneride if I understand right. I'm happy with the coilovers, but wish it had the 3 ways instead of the single adjustable. I may change them out at some point. I had been looking at getting a Bullitt when I got the Roush. The Roush was just a bit cheaper than a Bullitt would have been and instead of 480hp I have 700. I have an '08 Bullitt that I bought new, and it's never gotten the attention that this car does. I was a little surprised that people noticed this one that much. I thought the color combo was subtle enough that it would fly under the radar a bit. As far as resale, I think the original owner is the one that took the big hit. I have no plans on selling, so it wasn't that much of a factor anyway. BTW, I love the new Mach 1 (as well as Bullitt). This was just too good of a deal to pass up.
PXL_20210112_205424059 (2).jpg

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Nice write up. I love the Roush Mustangs. I am actually looking at a Kona Blue side vinyl delete this week. Who knows. Great deal but as you said... One of the main things that makes me hesitate is the resale. No bueno but who knows what I will think. I love the GT500 AND GT350'S AS WELL. We will have to see what calls my name at the time.. many factors to consider.
I sold mine. Guy got a deal thsts For Sure. Resale is not great. Funny thing is I sold it to a Chevy dealer. The manager drove it, after bragging about all the sports cars he’s driven, and said “that’s one of the most badass cars I’ve ever driven, lol. Said he hated mustangs until now. Ford and Roush nailed it.

Silverstone03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kent
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
I saw a mention earlier in the thread about good deals out there on RS3’s. I’m looking at a new 2020 now that has sat at the dealership for over 9 months. Any idea what a good deal would be? It has signature package, sport interior package, 20” wheels active exhaust, and x-pipe. Thanks!

Sponsored

GUSTOPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I saw a mention earlier in the thread about good deals out there on RS3’s. I’m looking at a new 2020 now that has sat at the dealership for over 9 months. Any idea what a good deal would be? It has signature package, sport interior package, 20” wheels active exhaust, and x-pipe. Thanks!
I would say 15k off sticker is good. That would be my top offer. I was about to grab one at about 15k off but it was sold as I was debating in my head. If it is what you want throw a number at them at like 17k off and assuming you would be happy at 15k off then great. As I posted before I love them but it would have to be heavily discounted. 85k+ I will be getting a GT500 but a RS3 at 70ish... Very tempting for me. I am actually hoping to have time to look at one today. Good luck!

Silverstone03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kent
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
I would say 15k off sticker is good. That would be my top offer. I was about to grab one at about 15k off but it was sold as I was debating in my head. If it is what you want throw a number at them at like 17k off and assuming you would be happy at 15k off then great. As I posted before I love them but it would have to be heavily discounted. 85k+ I will be getting a GT500 but a RS3 at 70ish... Very tempting for me. I am actually hoping to have time to look at one today. Good luck!
Thank you!! Dealership reached out to me on a 2020 I’ve been watching and threw out a $69.5K offer.

stanger1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2013 Shelby GT500-Sold, 2017 Roush RS3
I have a 2017 Roush RS3. This is the third Roush that I have had over time.
I have never bought them new as they are way too expensive, but after 2-3 years, they come down.
I like the looks, what you get from Roush, etc., is good stuff.
But the new 2021 RS3's are $80K+, Dam.
RS2 would get you everything but the TVS 2650. All good.

FAST FRED

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2020 F-150 ROUSH,2019 GT350R,2021 GT500
Thank you!! Dealership reached out to me on a 2020 I’ve been watching and threw out a $69.5K offer.
Thats a good deal on a RS3. I paid 72k for my 2020 RS3.