Sponsored

Roush axle back Exhaust ...:)

Stripes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT 401a + Roush AB, MRT H-Pipe
I have the Roush axlebacks as well. I absolutely love them! On start-up, they're loud enough to get attention, but once warmed up, they're quiet enough for daily driving, but loud enough to scream when you hit the throttle. There's absolutely zero drone, in the entire RPM band.

They sound different "inside" the cabin than outside. On the inside, it sounds like "engine noise" kind of, but on the outside, it actually sounds like a proper exhaust. You notice the difference most when you drive with the windows up vs. down.

For an axleback, I can do some pretty loud tunnel pulls. I absolutely love them, and would buy them again in a heartbeat. They make the mustang "sound" like a mustang. In my opinion, the resonator delete is unnecessary. The axlebacks are loud enough as it is. The axlebacks on their own are throaty enough at 3k-5k but when you go higher, the throatiness dies down and it has a little more "engine" sound, if that makes sense.

Of course, I have about 450km on my mustang, maybe this will change in the future.
Sponsored

NewTekBuzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT 6M
I just can't see spending that kind of cash on a muffler? I guess I'd have to hear one in person... I'm sure I will cave at some point. :doh:

FusionGT

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT PP / Jeep TJ
Do you have a vid of the ARH long system and stock muffler combo?
No. I'll try and get one tomorrow. It sounds good, but still too quiet. It needs that full sound aftermarket mufflers deliver. The cold start rasp is atrocious. I caved in and ordered the ARH axle back.

wjlowe111

Knowledge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
white
Exhaust

Got my Roush axle back Exhaust installed ... God I love the sound !!! I roll down the windows just to hear it more .... No drone , No sound at all at 60 to 75 .. When you want sound just step on the gas !!!!!! The 4 inch tips look really nice ...

Thanks TeamBeefcake for the great deal and great service .... :cheers:
Got the same setup but with H pipe resonator delete; Love the windows down and everyone looks over; the sound echoes off the cars as they go bye when i get on it:headbang:

TXREDNECK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red GT PP
I have the Roush AB and mrt h pipe and agree they are awsome. One day I would like to do long tube headers and am wondering if it will be to loud then. Does anyone know of any videos of that setup with long tubes.

Sponsored

wjlowe111

Knowledge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
white
I have the Roush AB and mrt h pipe and agree they are awsome. One day I would like to do long tube headers and am wondering if it will be to loud then. Does anyone know of any videos of that setup with long tubes.
Its loud enough..OMG

Sinister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
No. I'll try and get one tomorrow. It sounds good, but still too quiet. It needs that full sound aftermarket mufflers deliver. The cold start rasp is atrocious. I caved in and ordered the ARH axle back.

Cool, that'd be great if you could get a clip of it before installing the axleback. My last car (2010 Camaro) was crazy loud and I want to keep this one more on the quiet side.
Sponsored