Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP

sr1200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Vert
You can see I had some issues with shifting, but I've learned how to deal with it... Otherwise, it's OUTSTANDING!

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I can't comment on the Roush one but do have the Ford one. The Ford has been great with no issues. Drive ability is the same as stock but with more power and is a different animal. The main reason I went with the Ford was for the warranty for at least another year before getting headers and a tune.

jcart953

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Premium
In the event of a worst case scenario the Roush performance warranty seems like it only covers specific parts and up to $10,500 in damage whereas the Ford warranty doesn't seem to have the same limitation. Another thing to consider is the price. Ford PP2 can be had for about 650ish whereas the Roush package cost 1159 plus tax is probably atleast $1200. The difference in price is about $550. If you ever plan on buying a full catback exhaust that's $550 you could have applied to a catback.

Roush warranty:
http://www.roushperformance.com/pdf...ional-Limited-Powertrain-Warranty-Upgrade.pdf

Ford PP2 warranty:
https://performanceparts.ford.com/warranty/include/pdf/Select_Parts_Warranty_Statement_2017v2.pdf

Sponsored

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
u already have the axlebacks so wouldnt Roush stage 1 make more sense? but I'd go for the PP2 (already have haha) since its warranty, CARB, and look (subjective) is better. I think Roush spruced up its numbers since those numbers seem really good for a canned tune for a CAI and axlebacks.

Rocketman

Keep it stupid, stupid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PPPPPPP
In the event of a worst case scenario the Roush performance warranty seems like it only covers specific parts and up to $10,500 in damage whereas the Ford warranty doesn't seem to have the same limitation. Another thing to consider is the price. Ford PP2 can be had for about 650ish whereas the Roush package cost 1159 plus tax is probably atleast $1200. The difference in price is about $550. If you ever plan on buying a full catback exhaust that's $550 you could have applied to a catback.

Roush warranty:
http://www.roushperformance.com/pdf...ional-Limited-Powertrain-Warranty-Upgrade.pdf

Ford PP2 warranty:
https://performanceparts.ford.com/warranty/include/pdf/Select_Parts_Warranty_Statement_2017v2.pdf
To be fair you would need to compare the FRPP2 to the Roush Stage 1 since the Stage 2 has an axle-back included. In which case they both make similar power and the Roush doesn't need to have the TB replaced.

Also the Roush doesn't force NLS for those that don't care for it (me).

jcart953

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not really as I'm comparing what the Op is asking me to compare. Not to mention Roush stage 1 should be compared to FRPP1. Either way it doesn't change the warranty portion and if OP really wants an axel back he can buy PP2 and his choice of axel back. My vote is still PP2 over the Roush.

Oh what's NLS?

A7X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Black Silver Stripes
No Lift Shift I believe

OP
OP
GTRacerX.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Roush Tune

u already have the axlebacks so wouldnt Roush stage 1 make more sense? but I'd go for the PP2 (already have haha) since its warranty, CARB, and look (subjective) is better. I think Roush spruced up its numbers since those numbers seem really good for a canned tune for a CAI and axlebacks.
I was leaning Roush because it seems they are using a little more aggressive tune (better numbers than Ford’s PP2). But yeah the $550.00 more to keep my 3/36000 mile warranty has killed this idea.

Sponsored

Logan@TeamBeefcakeRacing

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.teambeefcakeracing.com
First Name
Logan
Vehicle(s)
2014 Single Turbo 5.0
I had my mustang tuned at 500 miles or less. It is now past 32k miles and each time I brought it to the dealer, they never cared or even commented on it..even with a turbo under the hood. I would recommend a true tune/tuner setup and a PMAS CAI.

re-rx7

Ruck the night away
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19 5.0
I had my mustang tuned at 500 miles or less. It is now past 32k miles and each time I brought it to the dealer, they never cared or even commented on it..even with a turbo under the hood. I would recommend a true tune/tuner setup and a PMAS CAI.
Im bouncing back and forth on this idea. Between the FP2 and a Lund tune w/ intake (PMAS)

Rocketman

Keep it stupid, stupid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PPPPPPP
Not really as I'm comparing what the Op is asking me to compare. Not to mention Roush stage 1 should be compared to FRPP1. Either way it doesn't change the warranty portion and if OP really wants an axel back he can buy PP2 and his choice of axel back. My vote is still PP2 over the Roush.

Oh what's NLS?
No that is not an equal comparison. FRPP1 is just a drop in air filter and a tune. FRPP2 has the cold air setup as does the Roush Stage 1. They are also both comparable in price.

And as stated earlier NLS is no-lift shift. Basically a "feature" that cannot be turned off so that spirited driving above 5k requires different pedal modulation.

Logan@TeamBeefcakeRacing

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.teambeefcakeracing.com
First Name
Logan
Vehicle(s)
2014 Single Turbo 5.0
Im bouncing back and forth on this idea. Between the FP2 and a Lund tune w/ intake (PMAS)
I am sure you'll be happy with either, but faster = better ;)
Lund is the way to go!

jcart953

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No that is not an equal comparison. FRPP1 is just a drop in air filter and a tune. FRPP2 has the cold air setup as does the Roush Stage 1. They are also both comparable in price.

And as stated earlier NLS is no-lift shift. Basically a "feature" that cannot be turned off so that spirited driving above 5k requires different pedal modulation.
OP is specifically asking about Roush 2 vs FRPP2 but after re-looking at roush stage 1 you are correct in that the roush 1 has the same equipment to FRPP2. Warranty wise it still doesn't seem the greatest and the dyno sheet they provide doesnt help much either. I also cant find a sheet anywhere else to compare but w/e :ford: PP2 FTW lol
Sponsored