OP

soloracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Stick with known brands.

Xpel.
I have Suntek on the whole hood and bumper cover. I just liked that these were pre-cut nicely for that spot on the car and pretty affordable. I suppose I could look into the cost of having it done locally.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
x pel has pre cuts as well, just go to their site and look at them.

OP
OP

soloracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Hey, thanks! I didn't realize it was an option from them. I got quotes of $400, locally lol insane. My guy in Fairfield quoted me $250. Much more reasonable but not even close to $125. However the Cleartastic folks have never replied to email or DM.

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Hey, thanks! I didn't realize it was an option from them. I got quotes of $400, locally lol insane. My guy in Fairfield quoted me $250. Much more reasonable but not even close to $125. However the Cleartastic folks have never replied to email or DM.
Fairfield, are you talking about Cincinnati super cars? that's where I had my car done. High, but 10 year warranty. (from Xpel) even if CCC went under, they would get me fixed up elsewhere.

OP
OP

soloracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Clear Bra Ohio. Keith is a stand up guy. Best prices I've found, too. Not sure if it's a regional difference or just him but the work I had done in 2016 was 30% than everyone in the Columbus area.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I think I called, don't think he wrapped around the edges is why I didn't use him. CCC costed a little more, but he went around edges of fenders, hood, bumper etc. so I went with him. plus I am big expel fan. any other car I will use clear bra ohio, CCC was a pain to get scheduled in, and get work done timely. Good work though, jus wasted hours of my time in wasted trips from overbooking etc..

OP
OP

soloracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Keith treated me right. I really like the Suntek, it looks fantastic. We actually put Expel on the whole hood and had a problem (looking story). They pulled it back off and put on Suntek...offered me a partial refund for my trouble. I tipped them instead because the ended up losing almost a whole day of work, fixing it.

I think I called, don't think he wrapped around the edges is why I didn't use him. CCC costed a little more, but he went around edges of fenders, hood, bumper etc. so I went with him. plus I am big expel fan. any other car I will use clear bra ohio, CCC was a pain to get scheduled in, and get work done timely. Good work though, jus wasted hours of my time in wasted trips from overbooking etc..

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Has anyone tried this stuff recently? Impressions? I sent them an email and got no reply but it's an interesting product and I think I might like to give it a shot.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/★-stop-rock-chips-protect-your-paint-cleartastic-diy-kits-special.104693/
Recommend having it done professionally. Applying PPF is not easy and you get what you pay for. In addition to bubbles, the edges are extremely important. If not well done, dirt will accumulate along the edges within a year or two and ruin the look.

For this same reason, there are pros and cons to pre-cut. It fits well, but depending on the cut, the installer may not be able to wrap the edges; wrapping helps prevent dirt from accumulating along the edges. Not saying pre-cut is bad. It simply depends on the cut.

As for brands, Suntek and Expel are on the same level and are the most reliable brands on the market.

Whatever choice you make, good luck.

Edit: I missed your last post. Looks like you did well. Congrats.

Sponsored
OP
OP

soloracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Thanks for all the replies. I think this is on the back burner for now though. Seems my car has developed the dreaded A/C evaporator problem...$1600+☹
Of course it happens at 32k miles and 4 years into ownership.

bergdon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
Can't go wrong with Xpel and Suntek. Worth the extra cost.
Sponsored