Sponsored

Revving the engine (unrequested)- Douche move???

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
It's only douchey if you're a in a Lambo and you do the typical new money lambo move of full rpm revs until the engine catches on fire while parked - there must be a dozens of youtube videos on the web of this. Douche level 12.
Sponsored

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
It's only douchey if you're a in a Lambo and you do the typical new money lambo move of full rpm revs until the engine catches on fire while parked - there must be a dozens of youtube videos on the web of this. Douche level 12.
And the shocking thing is, people seem to love it.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
And the shocking thing is, people seem to love it.
People are jealous and want to see people destroy expensive things.

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
hey "dunno" have u used android auto yet?

Sponsored

OP
OP
dunno

dunno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I rev mine or wind out the gears hard when I'm in a good echo spot. I rev it some at red lights if there's not any other cars or not many, and especially if the light is a good echo spot. I don't rev if someone compliments it unless they ask. A girl working McD's drive thru told me how much she loved it, and as I was about to pull out I heard her say to someone else "ooh I wanna HEAR it!" so I gave it a good rev as I pulled away (brick is good echo!) and heard her say "oh my gawwwwd!"..LOL
Good call

OP
OP
dunno

dunno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
2 douche

I had a CTSV pull next to me yesterday and slow way down on the freeway. He put it in neutral and started to rev the piss out of it then took off.

To me it's just really weird. It's my belief that guys who do this have doubts about their masculinity.
The guy you mentioned is off the charts on the douche o meter

OP
OP
dunno

dunno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I've used it a few times when you're stuck behind someone on the freeway in the passing lane and they're going 5-10 under the speed limit. More fun than a honk or headlight flash. Probably d-bag move but nothing more annoying in my mind than driving slow on the left.
Agreed
I'd like to see those people get some attention from the cops
I find it so much better diving in the states for this problem.
They seem to know the left lane is a passing lane down there,
In Ontario most people are perfectly happy cruising in the left lane holding dozens of cars up
Clueless!!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I do it all the time..... that is when I am driving by a Camaro or such :D

Sponsored

jpilone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
It depends on the level of "revviness". If it's a bystander-induced rev, I will give it about a good 6500rpm blip. If it's me, for my own entertainment, it'll be a blip of about 3500-4500rpm...

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
When I get back, I'll rev twice to Teenagers driving a Prius at a traffic light. Then I'll drive off normally.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'd like some opinions (ideally from people who don't own GT350's as well as owners)
Is it a douche move to rev the engine for someone if they haven't asked to hear the engine?.ng the work day, my car was at home undriven since Sunday.
SNIP
-from the perspective of the OTHER people around who are in earshot but not involved in this interaction...

"Douchy" 2- 3- 4 - who cares- 6- 7 -8- 9 "not only acceptable but REQUIRED"

Thoughts
The perspective of each person is different. Some will be 1 and some will be 10. Therefore I say since we are car guys we choose to live as car guys and we ignore the hemp-wearing, Prius driving haters. If you can convert just one kid (or adult for that matter) with the beautiful sound of the Voodoo - I say it's worth irritating a few non-car people. We already put up with their BS fuel economy laws. Soon the V8s might even be gone due to those a-holes.
Sponsored