Sponsored

Revo Map for EcoBoost released

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Would transform an Ecoboost, holds power for a further 1000rpm instead of dropping off around 5000rpm. A 4s time reduction in the spring to 0-100mph is a vast performance boost, only a couple of seconds of the V8 then.

welsh treg

Mid life crisis guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pony power
Would transform an Ecoboost, holds power for a further 1000rpm instead of dropping off around 5000rpm. A 4s time reduction in the spring to 0-100mph is a vast performance boost, only a couple of seconds of the V8 then.
I take it if you do this,
Ford will be able to see it when they plug into the engine management ?

Does this then affect the warranty ?

do they have to prove the point ?

Sounds good on paper though

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I take it if you do this,
Ford will be able to see it when they plug into the engine management ?

Does this then affect the warranty ?

do they have to prove the point ?

Sounds good on paper though

Yes Ford can see the checksum is different on the ECU and they can also check the flash counter within the ECU.

Technically this voids the warranty on your powertrain!

Do they have to prove it? Unknown in UK, but if your oil cooler starts leaking will they not fix it under warranty due to your remap? NO! They will fix your car! If your engine however lets go, piston through block, lean conditioon then yes they will void your warranty due to the remap. This is where it gets sticky, do they have to prove it or do you have to take them to court to force them to prove it was not the remap, then what if the remap was the issue, you still need to buy a new engine and then also pay court fees. Maybe you could claim off Revo for an engine, unknown but buy the tune on a credit card, so worse case you could get that cost refunded.

In USA moss law dictates Ford have to prove the modification caused failure before refusing a warranty claim, UK is however different.

welsh treg

Mid life crisis guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pony power
Yes Ford can see the checksum is different on the ECU and they can also check the flash counter within the ECU.

Technically this voids the warranty on your powertrain!

Do they have to prove it? Unknown in UK, but if your oil cooler starts leaking will they not fix it under warranty due to your remap? NO! They will fix your car! If your engine however lets go, piston through block, lean conditioon then yes they will void your warranty due to the remap. This is where it gets sticky, do they have to prove it or do you have to take them to court to force them to prove it was not the remap, then what if the remap was the issue, you still need to buy a new engine and then also pay court fees. Maybe you could claim off Revo for an engine, unknown but buy the tune on a credit card, so worse case you could get that cost refunded.

In USA moss law dictates Ford have to prove the modification caused failure before refusing a warranty claim, UK is however different.

Thanks Gibbo,

Its a bit of a minefield but I tempted to splash the cash,

There's a certain young wiper snapper in the Midlands who will like the idea of this too :)

Sponsored

Greg C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Convertible
Would be tempted but may wait until warranty has expired. Be good to try it & see what difference it makes.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Gibbo,

Its a bit of a minefield but I tempted to splash the cash,

There's a certain young wiper snapper in the Midlands who will like the idea of this too :)
Said young whipper snapper is still refusing to tune until:
A) engine warranty goes
B) Ford releases a Warranty protected tune:thumbsup:

Zerocool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting 2016 Mustang
Seen this tune was released recently and must say I'm very tempted by the price and projected power gains.

But playing the safety card I would like to see some others reviews and impressions on this before jumping in.

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
Personally i wouldnt touch Revo, wouldn't touch any tune other than Adam from Tune+. He knows Ecoboosts inside out, he pretty much pinpointed to Ford where the early versions of Ecoboost engines were letting go (weakness in cylinder 3) which resulted in an engine revision.

Anyway with the Ecoboost you should really upgrade the IC before Tune

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Personally i wouldnt touch Revo, wouldn't touch any tune other than Adam from Tune+. He knows Ecoboosts inside out, he pretty much pinpointed to Ford where the early versions of Ecoboost engines were letting go (weakness in cylinder 3) which resulted in an engine revision.

This upgrade the cooling first, it will naturally boost higher than on Ford's stock map, just datalog it incase it is boost spiking.

Or for safety reasons speak with Mountune for when their official maps will be out.

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
This upgrade the cooling first, it will naturally boost higher than on Ford's stock map, just datalog it incase it is boost spiking.

Or for safety reasons speak with Mountune for when their official maps will be out.
In other news, 9 minutes ago Mountune posted a picture of a DIB Mustang in their workshop... Tune coming?!

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
So Mountune will be covered by ford ? (hopefully)
Their tag is:
"The home of the ONLY ford approve performance upgrades, and high performance road and race engines"

I'd assume yes, but if this 5L GT they've got in their workshop has just got there, we're looking at a couple of months until it comes out.

welsh treg

Mid life crisis guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pony power

For us poor knowledge E/B engine owners, please elaborate :thumbsup:
Sponsored