anubis

anubis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 with mods
No... I could do it, it’s just that by getting it done by a company that’s done a few, they won’t be mucking about with vac hoses and wiring etc, cos they’ll know exactly what they need..
Exactly :-). Not worth any risks or hassle in my opinion
Sponsored

OP
OP
anubis

anubis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
im sure they will tell you the tech reason if you ask them , maybe do exactly that if / when you go for the next upgrade
There’s a long thread on it here, the net conclusion of which is ‘buy the lockouts’ .. the pigtails option is much more hassle, more prone to error codes and doesn’t run as smoothly overall afterwards. This is why MMR can’t make the lockouts fast enough currently!

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/18-intake-manifold-on-15-17.95295/

Steeda UK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Nice thread Ben and great results. Glad you are loving the car, and some of your latest on track pics were great!

Some extra info for people too. If you want a nice exhaust solution with MOT "eco friendliness" the Koosk GREEN cat headers are very high quality emissions friendly cats designed to pass the VERY stringent California CARB certification.

Something else which might be interesting to people is that we can supply a full Koosk "front to back" system that does away with the flange OEM sized connectors between manifold and exhaust allowing for a true 3" "all the way back" system for optimal flow.

JWR

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.j-w-racing.co.uk
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
S550 Magnetic Grey
Nice thread Ben and great results. Glad you are loving the car, and some of your latest on track pics were great!

Some extra info for people too. If you want a nice exhaust solution with MOT "eco friendliness" the Koosk GREEN cat headers are very high quality emissions friendly cats designed to pass the VERY stringent California CARB certification.

Something else which might be interesting to people is that we can supply a full Koosk "front to back" system that does away with the flange OEM sized connectors between manifold and exhaust allowing for a true 3" "all the way back" system for optimal flow.
You trying to muscle in on our hard work Robbie !!! :wink:

We can offer the Kooks options also but that wasn't the point of the exercise for us and Ben

We wanted to build a nice performance package , with proven gains and sensible pricing

You will notice we used the Steeda CAI as part of the package and that fits in nicely as the non restricted version is good value , the Kooks parts at double the money just don't offer the value the X Force product does

Granted the GREEN CAT options may pass an MOT but as no one has done that yet in the UK with those parts fitted we cant guarantee that for anyone at this stage ( and id question whether Kooks would warrant the product against a failed emissions test anyway) and we don't know whehet they would achieve the same results either !

It should be noted (we have hopefully said it enough) that all our performance packs have the option to be made bespoke , for example we will combine any headers set , with any CAI the customer chooses and adjust our price accordingly , we will even accept a change of software provider if the client has a preference but we cant say what results people will get if they venture too far form what is tried and tested

of course , results could go up or down , we just need people to try different things so we can build a database of results

cheers

Jason :like:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
@JWR do you have an MOT tester in house/could bring one in? Maybe worth bringing him in to test the "Mot" on bens car's cats etc...

3 years coming up for some... so not long until we see MOT results.

Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
mines due next october sounds like a while away but its not so people on the 1st round of cars over here gibbo/mac etc will all be coming due in april time.

OP
OP
anubis

anubis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
mines due next october sounds like a while away but its not so people on the 1st round of cars over here gibbo/mac etc will all be coming due in april time.
I’m really not worried about the MOT test. Worst case I’ll pay £85 for an MOT pass tune. But I reckon it’ll pass. Mine will be MOT’d in January

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I’m really not worried about the MOT test. Worst case I’ll pay £85 for an MOT pass tune. But I reckon it’ll pass. Mine will be MOT’d in January
Do lund not do a "Lifetime tune" programme? my tuner will make me new maps/tunes if i ask him to... as he's already got my details on file.

JWR

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.j-w-racing.co.uk
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
S550 Magnetic Grey
@JWR do you have an MOT tester in house/could bring one in? Maybe worth bringing him in to test the "Mot" on bens car's cats etc...

3 years coming up for some... so not long until we see MOT results.
we don't have an in house MOT tester but we do have a couple of MOT stations we use , our car is decatted and is due in December , I know its not a V8 but I don't think a pass will be an issue :whew:

JWR

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.j-w-racing.co.uk
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
S550 Magnetic Grey
Do lund not do a "Lifetime tune" programme? my tuner will make me new maps/tunes if i ask him to... as he's already got my details on file.
they don't do it the same as Tune+ , they charge for update or new tunes , only a small fee but a charge nonetheless

I will be amazed if Tune+ don't go the same way eventually , as they grow I would imagine it will be astruggle to keep on top of all the tunes requested if they maintain the lifetime offer - I hope they do but just thinking of the logistics

Sponsored

Steeda UK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
haha no Jason, you're doing good stuff, and as you say its based on the best instake out there the Steeda one! I was just answering a question from earlier in the thread about emissions.
Keep up the good work! 8)

OP
OP
anubis

anubis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
They used to do free retunes for bolt ons (not forced induction) within the first year after buying initial tune... not sure if they still do

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
they'll do minor tweaks for free in first 3 months after purchase but thats little things like taking a little throttle response out or adding a cai or something adding new headers/manifolds will be a full new tune setup which i think is currently $120

OP
OP
anubis

anubis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
they'll do minor tweaks for free in first 3 months after purchase but thats little things like taking a little throttle response out or adding a cai or something adding new headers/manifolds will be a full new tune setup which i think is currently $120
Cool - I paid $100 which worked out at £85... no VAT as it’s just sent via email
Sponsored