Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
:like:
as mentioned above therte is no guarantee with the sport CATs , we have been selling sport CATs for as long as they have been available for a wide range of cars and there are only a few occasions when you would have a genuine warranty claim if you failed emmissions (ie. where the product is an EU approved item )

Even the CATs that Kooks do , there is no mention anywhere I can find that these are designed to pass EU emissions tests and are warranted to do so

My genuine feeling is that if you go down this route you need a plan B to pass the MOT , if you get a result , happy days but as only a few cars are just reaching MOT time , we wont know what products pass and what don't for quite some time

if a tune can be made to assist that's a great idea , if not , there are always friendly MOT centres (even if there shouldn't be!!)

cheers

Jason :like:
Hi Jason

Are the cats welded to the headers or are they coupled somehow? If coupled, I assume the stock cats could be modified to bolt to the headers for mot time. How much for headers and fitting only?
Thanks
Sponsored

JWR

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.j-w-racing.co.uk
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
S550 Magnetic Grey
Hi Jason

Are the cats welded to the headers or are they coupled somehow? If coupled, I assume the stock cats could be modified to bolt to the headers for mot time. How much for headers and fitting only?
Thanks
………….frantically looks for pics of the headers before they went on the car!! :headbang:

im pretty sure the cats are coupled , they are pretty tiny so not sure how easy it would be to make something up to swap in and out for MOT

I have some more headers coming in very soon so ill make a point to check this more closely and compare sizes etc to OEM CATs

to supply and fit the xforce headers only is ÂŁ1474.92

cheers

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
………….frantically looks for pics of the headers before they went on the car!! :headbang:

im pretty sure the cats are coupled , they are pretty tiny so not sure how easy it would be to make something up to swap in and out for MOT

I have some more headers coming in very soon so ill make a point to check this more closely and compare sizes etc to OEM CATs

to supply and fit the xforce headers only is ÂŁ1474.92

cheers

They're bolted in with gaskets either side.

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
They're bolted in with gaskets either side.

PERFECT. JW, is there a choice of link pipes. From Cats to cat back exhaust? one for the bolt on connection to the Xforce cat back as shown in the video above, and one with slip overs for connection to a stock exhaust? or do i need my catback modified to include a bolt up flange as per the xforce catback?

Sponsored

JWR

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.j-w-racing.co.uk
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
S550 Magnetic Grey
PERFECT. JW, is there a choice of link pipes. From Cats to cat back exhaust? one for the bolt on connection to the Xforce cat back as shown in the video above, and one with slip overs for connection to a stock exhaust? or do i need my catback modified to include a bolt up flange as per the xforce catback?
the system does come with adapters so should be fine for link up to OEM system

JWR

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.j-w-racing.co.uk
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
S550 Magnetic Grey
Today , we have created the power pack listing on our website

you can link to each one via the following :

GT450 Power Pack

GT470 Power Pack

GT510 Power Pack

I will create a separate thread for each kit here also so over time people can ask questions , get quotes , upload dyno graphs, compare results and so on with specific packs rather than it getting messy with one thread for all

if you have noticed some pricing disparity between the new listings and any prices I may have previously quoted online for the GT470 or GT510 kit its because Ford have increased pricing of the MY18 inlet manifold already and added 40% uplift to the MSRP from when we last bought stock to the stock we bought this week!

cheers

Jason

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Jason....
I already have Long tubes, catback, and Roush CAI and Lund tune.

What would be the cost of the inlet manifold fitted? I would want to retain the IMRC

JWR

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.j-w-racing.co.uk
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
S550 Magnetic Grey
Jason....

What would be the cost of the inlet manifold fitted? I would want to retain the IMRC
Hi Andy

just the manifold and fitting is ÂŁ617.56 inc VAT

note this is based on the new pricing in the US of the inlet manifold which we are now being charged , you would also need an updated tune file from Lund

let me know if I can help any further

cheers

Last edited:
OP
OP
anubis

anubis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 with mods
Jason....

Enoch - Lund now strongly recommend locking out the IMRC. This is different to their original recommendation but is based on their customers’ experiences and best results overall

Sponsored

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Jason....

Helping Gibbo fit his was enough to put you off the idea of the diy option then ;)

JWR

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.j-w-racing.co.uk
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
S550 Magnetic Grey
Enoch - Lund now strongly recommend locking out the IMRC. This is different to their original recommendation but is based on their customers’ experiences and best results overall
ÂŁ93.20 extra for the parts if you decided to have the lockouts installed (includes the MMR lockouts and some other small pieces we need )

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the info chaps...

I wonder why Lund are recommending lockouts?? I can understand if someone is chasing max BHP, but that’s not what I’m after...

I’d like a nice increase and still maintain decent drivability and economy..

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Helping Gibbo fit his was enough to put you off the idea of the diy option then ;)
No... I could do it, it’s just that by getting it done by a company that’s done a few, they won’t be mucking about with vac hoses and wiring etc, cos they’ll know exactly what they need..

Reactions: JWR

JWR

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.j-w-racing.co.uk
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
S550 Magnetic Grey
Thanks for the info chaps...

I wonder why Lund are recommending lockouts?? I can understand if someone is chasing max BHP, but that’s not what I’m after...

I’d like a nice increase and still maintain decent drivability and economy..
im sure they will tell you the tech reason if you ask them , maybe do exactly that if / when you go for the next upgrade
Sponsored