RedfireV8

RedfireV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
I really want to be able to use [affordable, and my OE] 18" wheels, so going to the Brembos is not an option for me. A better rotor and pad combo with some brake cooling would offer plenty of stopping power and fade resistance on the track, I'm certain.

Great review and build thread though, thanks!
Thank you! :cheers:

I'm really interested in adding these to my car soon. Does anyone know if they will fit with the factory 20" wheels? Also, it's good to see that you don't need the booster, I was curious about that.
I can't say for sure. I'm probably wrong in saying this but it seemed like as long as the wheels fit the 4 pistons, they'd fit the 6 pistons, offset wise. I'm sure there's a point where the spokes on a wheel could interfere. When I was doing the swap and test fitting the wheels, I know the base 4-pistons appear to have slightly more "girth" than the 6 piston Brembo's.
Sponsored

essque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Redfire just wanted to say thanks for posting this, I finally got my stockers swapped out for the 50th anniv brembos today and I love it! Been wanting to do this since I got the car.

OP
OP
RedfireV8

RedfireV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Nice! They look great and hope you enjoy em! :cheers:

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
Redfire just wanted to say thanks for posting this, I finally got my stockers swapped out for the 50th anniv brembos today and I love it! Been wanting to do this since I got the car.

Looks great. This is going to be my next upgrade. Did you get a similar price to redfire on all the parts, $850 or so?

essque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Thanks yeah I spent a little more for the Powerstop rotors/pads and Stoptech stainless lines though. I also bought rear rotors and pads but I need to paint the rear calipers first before installing.

I was expecting a lot more initial bite when braking but I haven't had any sudden stops yet to really tell because I'm still (forgive the pun) breaking them in lol. I think this is just how they're supposed to work, a smooth, quick and reliable stop. I remember the stock brakes when I first bought the car and it was almost alarming how quickly it stopped. That all went away after a few thousand miles though it seemed.

Sponsored

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
Thanks yeah I spent a little more for the Powerstop rotors/pads and Stoptech stainless lines though. I also bought rear rotors and pads but I need to paint the rear calipers first before installing.

I was expecting a lot more initial bite when braking but I haven't had any sudden stops yet to really tell because I'm still (forgive the pun) breaking them in lol. I think this is just how they're supposed to work, a smooth, quick and reliable stop. I remember the stock brakes when I first bought the car and it was almost alarming how quickly it stopped. That all went away after a few thousand miles though it seemed.
My car with the stock 4 pistons stops on a dime. I really don't need the 6 piston but I do prefer the looks. I may just paint my stock ones black until I can afford to replace them with these Brembos. Performance wise the 4 piston are great, though I assume the 6 would be better on the track. I've heard before that the PP cars come with a different brake booster so you may not be getting all the power cars from the factory are? I know some sites like American Muscle claim you need a booster for this mod, but several people have done it without a booster and say it works fine. They work at least as good as the 4 pistons did while new right? I know sometimes new rotors feel almost slippery for a few miles, I guess they glaze them with something to prevent rusting while in storage, so maybe that's why they don't have the power that you'd expect yet?

OP
OP
RedfireV8

RedfireV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Just put on the Track Day pads and OMG. These things stop in a hurry. It was really mind boggling to me. Very impressed and with very little pedal effort might I tell you. I've never had a car stop so quick. And I've had the FR500C brembo's with PBC pads. Huge difference. Oh and I also went with some titanium backing plates to help dissipate the heat come track day this week. I know this was just the initial break in but again, I'm really impressed and can't wait to see how they do on the track.

34479598622_faefc3788b_c.jpg

34510822751_0760554e35_c.jpg

34641603565_ab5fb0ac83_c.jpg

The brake dust aftermath lol front vs rear

33798720284_ffed29b581_c.jpg

34510822761_cafe8ae267_c.jpg

OP
OP
RedfireV8

RedfireV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Just to add from my past track day. This is what titanium brake pad heat shields do and how they look after being abused. Notice one side is clean (the piston side) and the other is torched (pad side). That's what helps keep all that heat from getting to your caliper pistons, seals, brake fluid, etc. Neva-fade!

34439194090_acdc35dba6_z.jpg
34692923141_00ed284558_z.jpg

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
My car with the stock 4 pistons stops on a dime. I really don't need the 6 piston but I do prefer the looks. I may just paint my stock ones black until I can afford to replace them with these Brembos. Performance wise the 4 piston are great, though I assume the 6 would be better on the track. I've heard before that the PP cars come with a different brake booster so you may not be getting all the power cars from the factory are? I know some sites like American Muscle claim you need a booster for this mod, but several people have done it without a booster and say it works fine. They work at least as good as the 4 pistons did while new right? I know sometimes new rotors feel almost slippery for a few miles, I guess they glaze them with something to prevent rusting while in storage, so maybe that's why they don't have the power that you'd expect yet?
You'd be shocked what a G2 brake caliper kit and a set of good pads will do for you.

IMHO unless your tracking the car the 4 piston brakes with good pads will be all anyone ever needs.

If anything add some stainless lines.

Vato

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Saleen White Label
Vehicle Showcase
I don't track my car often but knowing I will have 2 additional pistons and more rotor real estate for longer sessions on track, is a big reason for my upgrade.

Thanks OP for all the information. Now I have my stuff coming in the mail.
Sponsored