Sponsored

Reuters: 2015 Mustang preview for journalists next week and revealed in December!

13GTCSMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR/GT/20's/NAV
The wait is killing me!!

It's gotta be extremely hard for someone in the media to keep this to themselves. Especially considering how much money they could make off pic of the 2015 Mustang. Gotta have some serious control not to leak pics or details. Meanwhile, it's killing me not to see the real thing!!!!
Sponsored

Overboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197
It's gotta be extremely hard for someone in the media to keep this to themselves. Especially considering how much money they could make off pic of the 2015 Mustang. Gotta have some serious control not to leak pics or details. Meanwhile, it's killing me not to see the real thing!!!!
If they want to continue to report on Ford vehicles, they won't leak.

Maestro5.0

That paridigm did not seem to apply to BMW, where someone obviously snuck a camera / phone in. Whats to stop anyone posting / leaking a photo anonymously ?
That was a BMW dealer preview if I'm not mistaken? Regardless, to answer your question, what is stopping them is what is always stopping anyone from leaking..... fear of it being traced back to them, fear of repercussions, legal consequences, etc. Not that I don't think it will happen like it always does, but like I said I bet Ford will treat any leaks more seriously with this one.

Bullitt3383

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mustang Bullitt
At least the one's i have signed carry a minimum penalty of $250,000. Which means Ford can and in this case will sue the offending party and the minimum damages will be 250K. But since this is the 2015 Mustang I would expect that minimum to be much higher. Pretty much a slam dunk case and they can make the argument that it hurt the brand by releasing the photos early.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
At least the one's i have signed carry a minimum penalty of $250,000. Which means Ford can and in this case will sue the offending party and the minimum damages will be 250K. But since this is the 2015 Mustang I would expect that minimum to be much higher. Pretty much a slam dunk case and they can make the argument that it hurt the brand by releasing the photos early.
I can't think of one case where it actually hurt the brand with leaked photos. Hell the C7 Vette design was known for a longtime and it certainly didn't hurt that.

Sponsored

Bullitt3383

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mustang Bullitt
It could be argued that by the photos being released early resulted in Ford having to alter plans to compensate thereby costing Ford money. Doesn't really matter because you sign the paper willingly. You violate the agreement that you made with Ford you are subject to their lawyers wrath. Given they wouldn't even show the car to their dealers early is a clear sign they want to keep this a secret for as long as possible. Wouldn't surprise me if they asked them to go through metal detectors... Doesn't mean a leak still will not happen, but if you want to be blacklisted in the auto journalism world that is a great way to get there.

kellyj3ray

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Just wondering if anyone has seen any articles yet on the 15 Stang now that the journalists have seen it. I wouldn't expect any specifics, but maybe an overall impression.

The Sarge

Just wondering if anyone has seen any articles yet on the 15 Stang now that the journalists have seen it. I wouldn't expect any specifics, but maybe an overall impression.
If we see anything before the embargo lifts (I think Jarstang said Dec ?) it won't be anything officially published. Leaks of info or images maybe but we won't be reading about journalist impressions anytime soon. By time they hit the wire, I'm sure we'll see a flood of reviews and info.

Unofficially tho, I'd like to hear some "anonymous sources" tell us if they were generally impressed. After the C7 and Z28 first-looks expectations will be high(er)... if they are impressed with it now it will be a very good sign.

FStephenMasek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V8 '02 M-B c230K
So will people be able to sit in them at the Detroit Auto Show, or will there just be one spinning on a platform?

crazyfastfreddy

Amazing there have been no leaks yet..... are they holding these journalists hostage somewhere in dearborn? :D

also where are these teasers we're supposed to be getting.....

Sponsored

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
I was hoping it would be shown first at SEMA next week, or at the L.A. Auto Show that runs Nov. 20 - Dec. 1, since I'll be going to both. Maybe we'll luck out and it will make a surprise debut in L.A. Are there any other big shows in December?

rb336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Focus
I was hoping it would be shown first at SEMA next week, or at the L.A. Auto Show that runs Nov. 20 - Dec. 1, since I'll be going to both. Maybe we'll luck out and it will make a surprise debut in L.A. Are there any other big shows in December?
I seriously doubt it will debut in LA. Historically, with the exception of niche vehicles and mega-buck bling machines, the majority of "world debuts" in LA are refreshes, new editions of cars like the MB "Black Series," etc.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Where are they going to do it in December then...Dearborn?

rb336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Focus
Where are they going to do it in December then...Dearborn?
well...the LA show is barely in January and I doubt they would intro it on the last day.

IF they intro it in December instead of at the NAIAS or New York, I expect it to be a stunt intro like they did when the re-introduced the Fiesta. What I really expect is that "teaser" photos and video will be released, followed by the coupe at NAIAS and the convertible at NY

331coupe

Threads
Reaction score
^^^Agreed, I think they will just be releasing photos, videos in December.
Sponsored