The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
as others have said, MPSS are the most common, that said Michellin (UK) have just put on their inventory the UK mustang sizes for the PS4S which as w eknow is the tyre designed for the MY18, so it's a "fully custom" tyre for the mustang. sizes are the same as GT stock sizes (275 and 255 by 40 by 19). Any sizes that aren't that, are the previous variant of the ps4s which are miles better than the pzero, but not quite as good as the mpss.
Sponsored

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
I must remember this thread when I complain about price of good tyres here in Texas, as I had a nail in my sidewall of the OEM P Zero Nero's on my base GT. Firestone dealer here had in stock the Bridgestone S-04 pole position in 255/45/18 so I got those for $195.00 a shoe. The 280 treadwear makes this tire an option for track days and I want to soon put my pony thru it's paces.

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Model GT Fastback Oxford White Auto
as others have said, MPSS are the most common, that said Michellin (UK) have just put on their inventory the UK mustang sizes for the PS4S which as w eknow is the tyre designed for the MY18, so it's a "fully custom" tyre for the mustang. sizes are the same as GT stock sizes (275 and 255 by 40 by 19). Any sizes that aren't that, are the previous variant of the ps4s which are miles better than the pzero, but not quite as good as the mpss.
I think if you check with Michelin you will find that the new Pilot Sport 4 S is the new higher level tyre than the old Super Sport. The Pilot Sport 4S is one below the Sport Cup which is a phenomenal tyre but semi slick so no good in the wet. The Pilot Sport 4S is very similar in traction and grip qualities to the Cup, and that's saying something. However they dont's come cheap, way more expensive than the SS. My 4S rears were $750 a pop.

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
I think if you check with Michelin you will find that the new Pilot Sport 4 S is the new higher level tyre than the old Super Sport. The Pilot Sport 4S is one below the Sport Cup which is a phenomenal tyre but semi slick so no good in the wet. The Pilot Sport 4S is very similar in traction and grip qualities to the Cup, and that's saying something. However they dont's come cheap, way more expensive than the SS. My 4S rears were $750 a pop.
I'm currently looking for 285/35 or 275/35 for my square set up in 19 inch. How long are you expecting to get out of the PS4? I hear they are fantastic but if I'm spending $2500 on tyres I want them to last more than 10,000 kms.
My rear pirellis are dead after 6500 kms.

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm expecting around 10 to 12,000kms. I had similar Michelins on a 2008 V8 M3 and got 10,000ks.

I suspect that all the wheel spinning the rear Pirellis were doing on our GT's doesn't help tyre life!

Sponsored

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
I'm expecting around 10 to 12,000kms. I had similar Michelins on a 2008 V8 M3 and got 10,000ks.

I suspect that all the wheel spinning the rear Pirellis were doing on our GT's doesn't help tyre life!
From my understanding Pirellis have a reputation for wearing out very quickly and michelins the opposite. My fronts are basically full tread so being able to rotate with my square set up should help eek more life out of them. How do the PS4 feel? I had PSS on my A45 AMG and they were great on the street but didn't handle track work very well. If the PS4 are as close to the cup 2 as the internet says, they might be perfect for daily driving and a few track days here and there...

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They feel absolutely spectacular in all respects, I’ve not tracked it yet but I have have the opportunity to push it as hard as I dare on some remote twisties and I was smiling from ear to ear. I suspect that a day at the track would take some serious number of kilometres off their life

OP
OP
snake bite

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
I'm currently looking for 285/35 or 275/35 for my square set up in 19 inch. How long are you expecting to get out of the PS4? I hear they are fantastic but if I'm spending $2500 on tyres I want them to last more than 10,000 kms.
My rear pirellis are dead after 6500 kms.
Wow i thought the 14500km i got was shit. My fronts are fine. Im looking at mpss

Liber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT - 1971 XY GT
I was quoted $900 a tyre for Michelin Pilot Cup 2's from the local Michelin dealer. Lol. Had a bit of a chuckle.

PPPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Mustang GT Auto
I was quoted $900 a tyre for Michelin Pilot Cup 2's from the local Michelin dealer. Lol. Had a bit of a chuckle.
Did you “tell him he’s dreaming” ?

Sponsored

miro67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 build GT Convertible
Just a quick update. My tyres (Continental Extreme Contact -the constisport 6 in EU/Aust markets) arrived about a week after purchase. they are fitted and all I can say is thank god those Pirelli's are gone. No more wheel spin at the slightest touch of the throttle. Highly recommend the tyres.

davidhes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Ruby Red
I am using Bridgestone Potenza S001 Tyres.

Great road grip...especially in the wet ...a performance and top quality tyre and good pricing as well !!!!
link: https://www.bridgestonetyres.com.au
:cheers:
Just ordered a set of these. The price was pretty similar to Pirellis and Michelin PS3s. However Bridgestone currently has a bit 4 get 1 free promotion, so that sold me haha. Seriously excited to ditch the pirellis. They have been shocking and I can’t believe how fast they’ve worn.

Will Update impressions when the tyres arrive.

OP
OP
snake bite

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
I just replaced the rears with michelin pilot super sport 285/40/19 at $600 each. The difference in amazing

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
FWIW for 275 40 19 Costco Fyshwick (Canberra) quoted:

MPS $450
Potenza 001 $540 buy 3 get 4

davidhes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Ruby Red
Ok have had the Bridgestone Potenzas on for a few weeks now. Super happy with them. A massive upgrade over the Pirellis. Especially during the wet. They’ve received a pretty good workout with some heavy rain up here in Darwin. Excellent grip and car feels so much more controlled. Can highly recommend them. I mainly went for them because it was so hard to get the Michelin’s up here and Bridgestone had a buy 3 get 1 freeman promotion. Saving over $500 and being happy with them is a win!
Sponsored