Replacement Discs 'n' Pads for EB

ronemca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 P/EB w PP
I usually buy new rotors & pads well in advance of needing them, because...well...I'll need 'em eventually! And that way, I sometimes get a decent deal - because I'm not in a hurry.

Therefore I have been sniffing around for suitable replacements (and by "replacements", what I mean is new parts that are a little better quality than OE).

I typically look at DBA, EBC and PowerStop but I've also looked at Baer and Hawk for the S550, and I have discovered that Baer is pricey (when compared to the others)

But I also realize that Baer makes a solid product. So I'm asking some questions:

1) are Baer rotors worth the premium price?
1a) which ones? Sport or EradiSpeed?
3) where do we get smokin' deals on them?
4) do we like Hawk pads (or is there as-good or better for similar cost?)
5) which ones? HPS 5.0 Street or (I forget - the small step down from Street)
6) see #3

I am NOT up-sizing the calipers, I am NOT swapping in GT Brembo's and I am NOT trying to spend as much as possible. The Baer rotors are close to a grand (C$) for all four...and the Hawk pads are $280-ish (four wheels) and that's plenty steep enough!

And...go!
Sponsored

Last edited:

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
Brakemotive=PowerStop(shipping said it was coming from PowerStop)....ebay...I got rotors and pads for my GT for 185 shipped to my door. They have EB kits as well.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Ron, check out the post on Brakemotive. First you'll love the price! They are StopTech rotors and pads sold by this other company on eBay. Drilled and slotted zinc rotors and noise/dust free pads. There are plenty of testimonies from people that have used them on their S550 and other applications with excellent results. I bought them too, just waiting for 1 more part before my install.

OP
OP

ronemca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 P/EB w PP
Thanks! These seem too good to be true (and you know what people say about deals like THAT!)

Geez - $254 shipped for rotors AND pads...for the whole car?! I dunno...that's about a quarter the price of the "known" brand name alternatives.

I have lotsa time, so I will use it to continue my research.

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Heh, and like I listed, got mine black friday...you may want to wait a couple weeks to see if they have a Holiday/New Years sale. I'll try and get some pics of mine in the next day or so.
EDIT: Not the best pic, but it will give you an idea...

10paezb.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Anyone has a link for these sets mentioned above ?

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Make sure you are using the right pads for the brake system. I believe the Mustang is a high pressure system so most organic pads are gonna be okay.
Some cars uses low pressure metallic pads that won't be as effective when using organic pads. I learn that hard lesson.

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
This is from their under-construction website: A Brakemotive representative is available at 877-477-9320, or you can e-mail us at [email protected]. We are available Monday through Friday 8:30AM to 6:00PM(CST) and Saturday 10:00AM to 3:00PM(CST).
The best thing you can do is call or email them. I did that because there was some confusion in their listings; their customer service sent me a link to the proper ones.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase