Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WW 50th Anniv LE, '68 Merc Cougar, '17 GT350R

MichaelKael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maggie, beautiful ´15 Cyclone Mustang 51A Magnetic
Is it just me, or do others feel the same way? I'd rather take a sharp stick to the eye than rent my new Mustang to a stranger!!!!

http://www.theverge.com/2015/6/24/8837281/ford-peer-2-peer-car-sharing-rental-scheme-monthly-charges
No F-in way !!!
Sign me up for the sharp stick to the eye too !!!
I'd never even rent a "regular" basic car, but my Mustang ? I'm not even sure I'll let any member of my family drive it, forget about renting it to a total stranger who's gonna beat the shit out of it...

bmatt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP, 2014 Honda Odyssey EX-L
Yea, people wanting to rent a Mustang GT are not likely to treat it well most likely. But, I'd imagine the majority would treat it with a little respect. If you needed the money, sure, otherwise I think its probably not a great idea.

For other cars, this is probably more reasonable. I think *most* people would treat a car borrowed in this fashion with a little more respect than a typical rental car.

Shibby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
No F-in way !!!
I'd never even rent a "regular" basic car, but my Mustang ? I'm not even sure I'll let any member of my family drive it, forget about renting it to a total stranger who's gonna beat the shit out of it...
Haha I have no problem letting some family members drive it, but they have or have had performance cars of their own.

But strangers? NOOOOPE. That's insane. If you have to resort to something like that to help pay off the car, then you should have a) bought a cheaper car or b) saved more for a down payment and not overextended yourself.

Sponsored

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech Pack. AG Black Roof Black Stripes G3597
Huh.....

OMG..... Rent out my GT Mustang.... :doh: :doh:

frankieb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 2 Deep Impact Blue
My car is like my wife, I ain't sharing. When you share you know the other person is just gonna bang on it hard with no regard to you.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Is it just me, or do others feel the same way? I'd rather take a sharp stick to the eye than rent my new Mustang to a stranger!!!!

http://www.theverge.com/2015/6/24/8837281/ford-peer-2-peer-car-sharing-rental-scheme-monthly-charges
well, if the girl in the picture at the top was the renter, then I might give it some consideration... :lol:

But seriously, no way would I let my new $40k car go into the hands of some stranger. Two people have driven mine, me and my wife. Will let my Dad too, but totally trust him, just have not yet had the chance. No one else for the foreseeable future.

Fox5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP magnetic
My car is like my wife, I ain't sharing. When you share you know the other person is just gonna bang on it hard with no regard to you.
I thought this was about your wife :lol:

Yeah no way. I don't even let the woman drive it.

emeraldprincess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' Ecoboost, 13' FRS, 2008 FJ Crusier
No F-in way !!!
I'm agree with all of this lol

Sponsored

thxultra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost, 2016 Mercedes C300
I would rent someones but no way rent mine out. You know who ever rents it is going to tear it up. I don't think I would want some stranger driving any of my cars because you know they aren't going to take care of it the way you do.

MrPlutonium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
This is a service for people who look at cars the same way they look at their refrigerators. Definitely not aimed at the enthusiast crowd, but it makes sense to an average vacuum cleaner owner living in a city where it may not be necessary or desirable to use their car every day.

I'm willing to bet this just turns into an all base Fiesta rental fleet.

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Hmmmmm...

1) Buy Ford Fiesta as winter beater.
2) Drive Ford Fiesta as winter beater while Mustang is garaged/stored.
3) "Rent" out Ford Fiesta all summer and enjoy Mustang all summer.

Free winter beater anyone?

Maybe they only pay for the months you rent it out only. And maybe it maxes out at your payment (cannot create a surplus "income")? And does Ford take a cut?
Sponsored