Sponsored

Renegade tail lights clear coat flaking off, yet again.

Jpump

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1(Need For Green)
I'm on my second set of tail lights in a little over a year. Ordered my first set in February of 2023, replaced them in August of 2023 and noticed they were flaking again in the same spot a few weeks ago after a wash. I've emailed Winjet and they won't help since the 1 year warranty has passed already. Anyone else have this problem? I've only washed them with normal car wash soap, ONR Rinseless Wash, and wiped them down with quick detailer.

20240416_185558.jpg
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
can you clear coat them with aftermarket spray? maybe ppf or ceramic those suckers, anything to help defend from elements.

OP
OP
Jpump

Jpump

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
can you clear coat them with aftermarket spray? maybe ppf or ceramic those suckers, anything to help defend from elements.
I'll probably have to respray them. I emailed CJPonyParts which was where I bought them to see what they say, but they'll probably tell me to kick rocks since it's been over a year.

Ceramic coating and a paint correction is on the list of the things to do. Just don't have extra money right now to have it done, or the patience to do it myself.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
id probably try some ceramic wax and such, cheap, easy to apply, or a sealant.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
That’s some horseshit right there. The August 2023 replacement should restart the clock IMO. So the finish isn’t even lasting a year, that really sucks. I was back and forth on the Renegade tails, definitely a hard no for me now. Hopefully they’ll reconsider, if not I’d put them on blast on every social media you can. If you can get your money back, I’d go for the Ford Performance clear tails and get a tint kit from Anchor Room or someone like that if you like the smoked look. At least the FP tails are OEM and should hold up a lot better.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jpump

Jpump

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Jpump

Jpump

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
That’s some horseshit right there. The August 2023 replacement should restart the clock IMO. So the finish isn’t even lasting a year, that really sucks. I was back and forth on the Renegade tails, definitely a hard no for me now. Hopefully they’ll reconsider, if not I’d put them on blast on every social media you can. If you can get your money back, I’d go for the Ford Performance clear tails and get a tint kit from Anchor Room or someone like that if you like the smoked look. At least the FP tails are OEM and should hold up a lot better.
I agree, but they'd just be losing money if they extended the warranty every time a claim happened. I'm waiting for CJ to respond to my email. If they can't help, I'll just live with it until it's too bad and buy a set from Form Lighting.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I agree, but they'd just be losing money if they extended the warranty every time a claim happened. I'm waiting for CJ to respond to my email. If they can't help, I'll just live with it until it's too bad and buy a set from Form Lighting.
I get it. Might force them to make a better product though. I’ll glad pay a little extra if I know something is going to outlast the lower priced competition

OP
OP
Jpump

Jpump

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
I get it. Might force them to make a better product though. I’ll glad pay a little extra if I know something is going to outlast the lower priced competition
I agree. I never would of bought them in the first place had I know how bad they are, but when I did, Form Lighting was sold out and if they were instock somewhere, they wanted $575 for a smoked pair from other resellers.

I'm just amazed it's only happened to me so far, and 2 pairs in a little over a year since the orginal purchase. Probably other people too, but not active on the forum.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I agree. I never would of bought them in the first place had I know how bad they are, but when I did, Form Lighting was sold out and if they were instock somewhere, they wanted $575 for a smoked pair from other resellers.

I'm just amazed it's only happened to me so far, and 2 pairs in a little over a year since the orginal purchase. Probably other people too, but not active on the forum.
Yeah that’s disappointing to say the least. Hopefully CJPP can help you out but I’m guessing they won’t be able to.

Ls_Eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Parker
Vehicle(s)
2018 Magnetic Metallic GT
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Jpump

Jpump

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
That sucks. Ive had my Renegade Euro tails since 2021 and they look great. My car is a weekend cruiser and always garaged, not sure if maybe thats saved me.
Sponsored