Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
In sport+ or track mode when downshifting and letting off the gas, the car just does not want to upshift, it hangs, I will be coasting foot off the gas, car stays in the same gear, 5k RPM even and not want to shift up. I think this is the programming to stay in the power band ready for me to hit it hard again... not really sure. Coasting at 5k RPM, I would have thought the trans would want to up shift. I built old school transmissions, back then, the governor pressure would have made it shift up.

No upshift is normal behavior. It is programmed to assume you want to use engine braking while coasting. Even works in Normal mode.
If you want to return to fully automatic, hold down the upshift paddle for a few seconds. You will see the paddle symbols on the (digital) dash disappear.

OP
OP
mrgooden

mrgooden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I personally have not, but had the dealer check it previously, they did flash the software,hope to see a difference this week as I drive.

Richard

abie915

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP, '16 EB PP
@mrgooden Sorry to dig up this old thread, but did you figure out what was causing your front end clunk? I'm hearing a clunk at low speed when I hit the brakes hard causing the car to stop. I can replicate the noise going forwards and while backing up.

Sponsored

OP
OP
mrgooden

mrgooden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
@mrgooden Sorry to dig up this old thread, but did you figure out what was causing your front end clunk? I'm hearing a clunk at low speed when I hit the brakes hard causing the car to stop. I can replicate the noise going forwards and while backing up.
Hello there, yes, it was my driver's side lateral control arm. Had it repaired under warranty

Richard