"removable top" mustang?

lsiunsuex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mario
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible Premium
I couple days ago I saw a S550 on Instagram - i can't find the car anymore - it was the blue color - might recall it having an after market hood. lots of photos of it at car shows.

What stood out the most was the front section of the roof over the door windows was removable.

A few other photos showed a different angle and it looked like the convertible latching mechanism at the top of the wind shield.

1 - anyone know who's car this is?

2 - did someone finally make a hard top cover for the convertible and I'm just not finding it or ?

3 - maybe it was just custom work.

Anyone here own that car or ? I have been really, really, interested in a hard top option to go over the soft top (or put the soft top down and use the hard top) for when winter hits in NY.

I found 1 website in PA that so long as you provide a car for a few weeks - they'll build one and give you yours for free - I emailed them about a month ago but never heard back. Options exist for the previous generation so why not for ours?

Edit - https://www.smoothline.com/ is the website I found.
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
It’s referred to as a “targa” top. I’ve seen the car you are referring to as well, I’m pretty certain it was posted on this site. Search “targa” on here, you might hit the thread that had info or pics about it.

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
Looks cool, but... will it leak? How much does it affect the rigidity of the chassis? Does it add a lot of weight?

OP
OP

lsiunsuex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mario
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible Premium
Here you go. I think this is the car you were looking for....https://www.svtperformance.com/threads/worlds-1st-s550-targa-top.1122990/
Ahh - (he must of wrapped it since)

So it started life as a coupe and had the convertible top latching mechanism grafted on :(

Or this - I'll take this

https://www.cjponyparts.com/cervini...Nb_XZvrftRHrSzsPkzX9rjvvdbNExzOsaAl9FEALw_wcB

We're rolling on 4 years now (2015 - 2019)

They've made Tonneau covers for the last 2 or 3 generations so far as I've searched and I've seen the hard top that can be used in place of the convertible top.

No one wants to take up the challenge ?!? :(

It is just for the snow - with NY winters, I always get afraid leaving the car outside over night and some huge snow storm comes by - drops a shit ton of snow - and there goes the canvas top. It's not always possible to put the car in the garage.

Spring is upon us, but we're expecting 4-7 inches this weekend (fml) - just trying to plan for next winter...
Sponsored