Hw5252

1st Mustang!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt convertible
When I remote start my convertible it starts just fine runs for a random amount of time between 10-60 seconds and then the panic alarm(horn honking) goes off and the engine shuts off. I can disable with fob and restart but the same occurs. Top up or down no difference. Anyone else having an issue?
Sponsored

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
When I remote start my convertible it starts just fine runs for a random amount of time between 10-60 seconds and then the panic alarm(horn honking) goes off and the engine shuts off. I can disable with fob and restart but the same occurs. Top up or down no difference. Anyone else having an issue?
Hey Hw5252,

Have you contacted your dealer yet about this? How long has the issue been going on? Send a PM with your VIN, mileage, name, phone number, and dealer info. We'll get this checked out.

Jeff

OP
OP
Hw5252

Hw5252

1st Mustang!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt convertible
Ended up being the intrusion detection sensor detecting vechile tilt. Located in map light housing. Entire housing swapped out. So far all working as expected.

Rich of So Cal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem/auto - triple yellow convert
Ended up being the intrusion detection sensor detecting vechile tilt. Located in map light housing. Entire housing swapped out. So far all working as expected.
I am getting the same thing. And probably the same cause. I was last parked on a sideways slanted parking spot when it happened. Hasn't happened at home and I park pretty level here.

Sponsored

Rich of So Cal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem/auto - triple yellow convert
OK, now it has stopped doing it! Go figure.

Mine was a little different in that it only went off when I approached the car after remote starting it and it was on a slant.

Crystal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crystal
Vehicle(s)
2015 ford Mustang, 2014 Jeep Cherokee, 2012 Ford Fusion
Hey Hw5252,

Have you contacted your dealer yet about this? How long has the issue been going on? Send a PM with your VIN, mileage, name, phone number, and dealer info. We'll get this checked out.

Jeff
Did Ford fix this for you? I just purchased a 2015 convertible and it’s doing the same thing. Obviously manufacturers warranty is up...
Sponsored