Sponsored

Remain Stock?

4 ROUSH

NONE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
Annoyingly loud engine rattle under light throttle that can be from excessive piston slap. Not everyone has it. Went to my purchasing dealer and they said it was normal. I now have an appointment with a second dealer. My car is 100% stock, I'm not going to throw money at it just in case I did get a lemon.

There's like a 50 page thread about the rattle in the issues/repairs/TSB section. Some guys are getting new short blocks.
A second opinion from another dealer makes sense.
Sponsored

Markbnh1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Escape & 2015 Ruby Red GT Premium
My first mod was a new exhaust system you could actually hear, Hood struts that should have been standard, Stealthbox sub woofer to upgrade the crappy sound system, strut tower brace, and engine dress up caps, covers, and overflow tank. Then came the Ford Performance Power Pack 2. Latest includes ceramic paint coating and Michelin 4S tires.

Is it better than new? Hell yes!

Smokey613

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Race Red
Vehicle Showcase
I was wondering the exact same about how many kept their Mustangs stock. Did a Google search and this thread popped up. So, it has been over a year since the last post. How many are still stock? I installed a drop in K&N but that’s it. I have done some cosmetic mods but nothing else. I have a Ford Premium ESP until 07/09/2023 or 100K and do not want to jeopardize it.

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I was wondering the exact same about how many kept their Mustangs stock. Did a Google search and this thread popped up. So, it has been over a year since the last post. How many are still stock? I installed a drop in K&N but that’s it. I have done some cosmetic mods but nothing else. I have a Ford Premium ESP until 07/09/2013 or 100K and do not want to jeopardize it.
I’m still mechanically stock and plan to remain so. This is boulevard cruiser and I love it just as it is. It has everything I want and need. I did do tint, PPF & ceramic and plan on an aftermarket air filter. I may do some cosmetic mods like black roof, mirrors & rear spoiler.

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
Its your money, your car do whatever you want with it.

I largely support the idea of just waiting for the car to be out of warranty and planning before doing anything... There are tons of cars for sale where people didn't do that and there is nothing worse than making car payments, doing repairs and going in for an issue and being told ur warranty won't cover something because of mods...

Also what you think you want now may change in a year... In 2016 I wanted a cobra jet intake. Now I'm getting a ported 2018... Just saved a ton of money...

So waiting to me is a better plan.

Sponsored

Birddog 29

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norman
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I'm leaving mine just the way she is. My modifying days are over. May some cosmetic changes or add ons. And nothing that will void the warranty

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
Every time I'm like "OK, I have the car exactly the way I want it, I'm finally done", I end up wanting something else for it. However, since I bought the extended warranty I don't want to mess with the powertrain, so a GT350 manifold, tune, and headers will have to wait. Most of my modifications have been suspension, brakes, and exhaust so my warranty is still OK for my powertrain, A/C, and all the other expensive items. I don't know how everyone manages to keep it 100% stock. :)

Deleted member 35786

An unmodified car will last much longer. Besides some minor things like window tint and an H pipe. She will remain stock as long as I own it.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
An unmodified car will last much longer. Besides some minor things like window tint and an H pipe. She will remain stock as long as I own it.
I always lean towards proven factory accessory mods like Ford Performance. I did a PP2 and the SPP and couldn't be happier while looking totally stock, fully warrantied and factory dealer installed. It's the cars that have a bunch of parts from various sources that look fragmented and lose value, but to each their own.

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
i have 99% decided i'm going to leave the engine stock except a drop in. i was going to get a tune, but i really don't want to ruin my warranty for 10rwhp (i would be doing a pump gas tune not e85). the car feels way faster than my old tune gen 1 coyote and ran an 11.9@119mph on cheap sumitomos so i can't complain
Sponsored