Reliable Mustang Tuners ?

Mustangeu101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ahmad
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Have a Mach 1 coming soon and want to get it to atleast 480hp like our American cousins

Anyone recommend a reliable mustang tuner?

Regards
Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
palm beach dyno in the states or lund also in the states, if you want uk then modurstang probably your safest bet.

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
Lund or PBD as stated above.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Will any of the above options tune a GPF equipped euro car ?

WD :like:

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Will any of the above options tune a GPF equipped euro car ?

WD :like:
From personal experience, I would strongly recommend asking the tuner if they can/will tune for a GPF/OPF exhaust, before engaging any of them for tuning work.
U.S. tuners appear to be able to handle CAT exhausts, but obviously, the OPF restricts the exit of exhaust gases, more than the CAT does.
My GT is now FI, so my advice/experience may not apply as much for N/A cars.
However, I'd suggest trying to get an assurance from the tuner, that your OPF will survive & live happily with their tune.
Otherwise you could end up burning out your exhaust filters, entirely...

Sponsored

FMJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe
A vote for Modurstang. I have used them twice for servicing and not only are they cheaper then Ford by some margin but they do a very good job going far beyond what Ford do in their service.

Admittedly I haven’t had any tuning Done by them but judging by the cars there and the reports from others and the general attitude I would trust them.

Unfortunately there are so many people out there who are crap and don’t care it’s scary. It’s why I try to do everything myself.

SpeedOfMach

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Motorsport and Performance in house tuners / dyno based just outside of Leeds. As far as any of the above are concerned and specific to your questions MAP are able to customise a tune for the GPF system on the 18+ Gen 3 Coyote if you're going for after market headers

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
may be worth emailing Shaun at AED to ask if he does cars with the new GPF's: https://www.facebook.com/AED-Tuning-108053219535234/

he can email tune with road based sessions or remote dyne sessions. He is also pretty good at getting the drivability how you want it. I opted for a very road friendly tune with a linear throttle pedal. Ie you have to have your foot flat to the floor to get full throttle, whereas some of the more 'drag stip' focused tunes, tend to give a fully open throttle much earlier in the pedal travel (which makes them feel faster, but is less wet bumpy UK road friendly).

I hear good things about MAP in the uk too, so may be worth getting in touch with those guys too.

Either way. I see you mention 'reliability' is a key factor. Ask the tuner to not go balls out max power and to dial it back a little from their ultimate tune to give you the reliability you require for road use. 480 bhp should be achievable on a standard mach 1 without risking the engine. Mine is doing around 480 bhp on the previous generation engine, but using the same manifold, throttle body etc as you. You have the generic 3 with higher compression and DI, so you will get a safe 480bhp no problem.
Sponsored