Sponsored

Regret selling my DIB! What's the second-best option?

SBGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Imo, don`t settle find a DIB.
I wanted a 16 GT in DIB, found one in another state and drove it home, no regrets.

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
DIB :headbang: Probably the best color Ford every came out with. IMHO :cheers: BTW i'm bias...
Sonic Blue has DIB beat.
I used to own a DIB '13 5.0 too, 2nd best ford blue imo!
I hope Ford brings back DIB for the 18+ cars though. Shit I hope they bring back sonic blue. wtf :ford:

maxresdefault.jpg
DSC_0019-12.jpg

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
Sonic Blue has DIB beat.
I hope Ford brings back DIB for the 18+ cars though. Shit I hope they bring back sonic blue. wtf :ford:

attachment.jpg
I love sonic blue, had that been available for 2018 I would have jumped on it! Sweet Terminator as well!

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
I love sonic blue, had that been available for 2018 I would have jumped on it! Sweet Terminator as well!
Not mine, but this was the car i wanted for a long time.
In the sun this car is stunning, just like orange fury and DIB.

Sponsored

Elgyn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost, MT, DIB, Premium, PP
Long story short, my fiance pushed me into selling it since he thought having two cars was "wasteful" and that it wasn't practical enough. I regret this decision more than I can express and am still furious I let myself be pushed into it...please don't bash me about it. :doh:

Thoughts? I want to start counting down my Mustang-less days.

Step #1 Get a new BF. This one sounds like a mangiana jerk might have a slight case of narcissism that you will resent in a few years if not sooner...or now

Step #2 Buy something in your price range. Something you can afford

Litenin75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT/CS
Sonic Blue has DIB beat.

maxresdefault.jpg
YES!!! Sonic Blue was the shit. I had a 2003 Lightning in Sonic Blue and still hate myself for selling it.

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
At this point we're just talking to ourselves about the color blue since she's gone silent :lol:

Tb8983

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
2 cars is too many, I have 3 vehicles, Harley and a side by side. She would never tell me to sell them unless it's what i wanted. But on your subject I have a friend who has a 17 pref. blue with the ceramic interior and it looks good and have another friend who has the grabber blue the same way. I think it would look good with any shade of blue you choose.

SubZombie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP 401A
I say stick with DIB as well. If I get a newer car it won’t be until they add it back. Kona looks flat and dark in comparison. Not saying it’s bad just not my preference and when I got my car there was a Kona Blue ‘15 LE right beside the DIB when I compared them. Also the pics some guy posted earlier of Kona are way over saturated and have filters thrown on so not really 'accurate' :p. I also noticed if you try googling cars of the different colors half of them are mislabeled lol.

Kona is darker and absorbs more of the light creating a flat look and makes the car look black at night - it's basically Navy Blue. IMO it would look better with more or larger metal flakes in the paint (which im not usually a fan of but on colors that dark it creates an effect more like crimson red). DIB is deep and rich and more reflective and has more variation depending on the light and angle.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP

mustangshopper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
At this point we're just talking to ourselves about the color blue since she's gone silent :lol:
Life just got real busy and I went and test drove a GT! Still don't love lightning as much as DIB and a salesperson told me he heard rumors of DIB coming back in 2020. Just rumors though of course. I can't believe all the relationship advice I'm getting here lol. :lol:

OP
OP

mustangshopper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
I say stick with DIB as well. If I get a newer car it won’t be until they add it back. Kona looks flat and dark in comparison. Not saying it’s bad just not my preference and when I got my car there was a Kona Blue ‘15 LE right beside the DIB when I compared them. Also the pics some guy posted earlier of Kona are way over saturated and have filters thrown on so not really 'accurate' :p. I also noticed if you try googling cars of the different colors half of them are mislabeled lol.

Kona is darker and absorbs more of the light creating a flat look and makes the car look black at night - it's basically Navy Blue. IMO it would look better with more or larger metal flakes in the paint (which im not usually a fan of but on colors that dark it creates an effect more like crimson red). DIB is deep and rich and more reflective and has more variation depending on the light and angle.
Yeah, Kona looked really flat to me in person. It's nice in its own right but just not my thing. As much as I would love to get a Mustang now, I'm thinking more that I don't want to settle for second-best if I can help it.

GNN60GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1 20 F250 6.7 20 Explorer
Why get rid of the car when you could of got rid of the G/F ? they can be more expensive than running a Mustang ! Joking aside Brother I feel your Pain and I'm sure you'll work it out and be back in the saddle soon.:)
OP is a woman ; )

mu5tang2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB 3.7L
Get what you want! DIB in the northeast is a surprisingly hard color to find. I had to drive 600 miles south to get mine. IMHO lightning is to POP in your face color, konika blue is great but i feel after a good paint treatment it's almost like taking care of a black mustang. And sonic was the best early 2000's terminator color ever, but i think Ford should leave it at that. I think they should bring DIB back.

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Sonic Blue has DIB beat.
Man, I parked my DIB car next to my buddies SB Terminator and neither of us could really tell the difference in the sun. I'll have to get a picture next time...
Sponsored