Sponsored

Regret I got the Mustang GT - worst service experience ever :(

Zubasteg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I purchased a brand new 2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium from Future Ford of Sacramento on Aug 23, 2015 (150 miles away from my house). VIN: 1fa6p8cf1f5356026

While driving back home I noticed two issues:

- super annoying rattle/buzzing sound coming from the headlight switch
- car floated/drifted on a freeway a lot

I scheduled an appointment with Salinas Ford on Aug 27 at 9.00AM. The service manager took the car for a small test drive and confirmed it drifted to the right. He suggested rotating tires first. After waiting for an hour or so in the lounge, the service adviser told me I had to wait for at least four hours before they can rotate my tires, as all techs were busy. I got really frustrated and declined to wait, as I had the appointment and called Future Ford of Sacramento and scheduled a new appointment.

I drove 150 miles again, left the car at the dealership and picked up a rental car. The car spent 5 days at the dealership: they did not find (did not check) the alignment issues and they did not hear the rattle.

I picked up the car, drove back 150 miles and did the alignment at a local shop for $75. The alignment was bad (I have the print out).

I called Future Ford of Sacramento and told the the car had the bad wheel alignment and asked to reimburse $75 I spent to do the warranty repair. Their answer was "It's fantastic you fixed this issue!". I've never heard back from them.

2. The rattle became really unbearable and I noticed new issues:

- the hood was shaking/lifting a lot at freeway speeds
- the hood was out of alignment (the gap on the right side was at least two times bigger than the one on the left)
- the trunk lid was not aligned well
- the inside panel of the trunk lid rubbed the black plastic panel inside the trunk
- driver's door was not aligned (much lower than the rear fender)
- the steering wheel "sticks"/"freezes" in left hand turns (30-50MPH), which is really scary

I scheduled an appointment with a local dealership: Frontier Ford in Santa Clara, CA.

I dropped the car on Sep 8th at 9.45AM. The dealership did not offer a loaner/rental car, while I told them that I did not have any other means of transportation at that moment. The service adviser (Tayo) promised me to call me with an update by 4pm that day and to ask Ford for a rental car. I did not get a call from him and rented a car myself.

He called on Sep 9th around 3pm and told me that they did not have time to look at the car yet (I had an appointment on Sep 8th at 9.45am). He told me he did not ask Ford for a rental car. He promised to return the car by 5pm. I did not hear back from him that day.

I left multiple voice mails to the service director and finally got a call from Tayo at 2PM on Sep 10th, saying the car was ready. I went to the dealership and Tayo told me they fixed the rattle, but were not able to find/address any other issues. Furthermore he added, that my car was a Ford and I should not expect the quality/fit and finish of a Lexus or a BMW. (!!!)

I drove off and the rattle was still there.

I am really frustrated with the level/quality of service I received after I bought a brand new Ford for $44K. I regret my decision to buy it almost every time I drive it. I really do not know what to do next or how to address these issues, as I've lost any confidence/faith in a Ford Product and the dealership support.

Alex.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Zubasteg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Update: I actually removed the headlight switch assembly myself today and there was no evidence of any repair attempt! None! No flocking tape, no felt, nothing!

Installed some felt tape in several places and the rattle is gone.

Elvis has a Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium Convertible 50 Years Edition
I take it you didn't test drive the car before buying it.

NJ3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GT
Has the steering issue been fixed? What is the lemon law like in California?

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
There is a thing called Service Message (saw it myself) at dealerships for the rattle with directions how to fix. Had they look for it (means make any attempt to fix it), they would have found it.
Sponsored