Redline Goods shift boot review and install

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Got my SVE550 steering wheel(which I am not in love with) on about a month ago and wanted to tie in the red stitching. I originally was going to do the shift boot, ebrake boot, and console lid but decided to start with the shift boot. Got the Nappa leather and love the quality!

One thing to know if your planning to so this is that the stock reverse lockout will be a pita to reinstall with the boot. Just go ahead and order a Barton, they are better anyway. The Barton uses a little more material so order the boot 1" longer.
boot uninstalled.jpg

Install was fairly simple using CJ Pony parts video. They don't sell them anymore so I don't feel bad pimping there video.

Finished product!
shift boot 2.jpg
shift boot.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Very nice! I installed a shifter boot from Redline on my 2006, and it was very well made. I'll probably do mine, as well as re-wrap my steering wheel, at some point.

JR

OP
OP
SVT-DADDY

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Wish I had mine rewrapped rather than replaced. Still might!

Jmk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350
Does any one had their gt350 shifter and e brake replaced to alcantara? I’m considering of picking up the alcantara 9052 with silver stitching from redline seams to match well. Any input on the color choice? Thanks
Sponsored