Sponsored

Recording the very first '18 Corsa active exhaust

Commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
hate to be a downer but meh

corsa's just sound like an old truck on these motors.

Loud? yes.

Good Loud? No.

Yes, this is my opinion. :)
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Sound isn't really indicative of how well a car is flowing per say. Open long tube headers is the best flow you can get on a factory production car, legal or not and sounds like a pile of smashed assholes after Taco Bell. Consider the differences between the two as well. These are two totally different mufflers designs that will have slight variances in attenuation. The Gen 3 Coyote also has higher compression, new heads, new cams, etc etc. If you guys want some more info on the differences, I can certainly reach out to one of my reps for as much detail as they're willing to give.

EDIT: and yes, the middle suitcase is gone.
I'm sure it's flowing just as well, it just doesn't sound like it. Something in the active mufflers makes it sound slightly muffled/less open or airy sounding. It's not really a tonal difference; that's very close. I say this all as someone who's owned both the Xtreme and now the Sport catback. Truth be told, no videos reproduce the sounds of these exhausts well compared with in person, even with good mics.

Agreed that catless LTs with the Xtreme sounds awful.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Agreed that catless LTs with the Xtreme sounds awful.
I agree as well. Even though I rep Corsa, I will absolutely be honest and say if you're catless, don't go with a Corsa system. It'll sound blatty and uncontrolled. They were engineered with the factory manifolds and cats in mind.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I agree as well. Even though I rep Corsa, I will absolutely be honest and say if you're catless, don't go with a Corsa system. It'll sound blatty and uncontrolled. They were engineered with the factory manifolds and cats in mind.
The Sport is about as perfect of an exhaust as I've heard or had on my car. It is just right on everything. The Xtreme sounded amazing but was too loud sometimes and was missing a bit of richness in tone. Looking forward to what the 18 version of the Sport is like.

sublimaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
This of off topic, but since you are a Corsa rep, have you heard the new Corsa headers with either Corsa Sport or Extreme catback?
I have Corsa Sport and I am thinking about getting Corsa headers, but I don't want it to sound blatty. Corsa Sport sounds fantastic, but I wouldn't mind a little more volume and deeper tone.

Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
This of off topic, but since you are a Corsa rep, have you heard the new Corsa headers with either Corsa Sport or Extreme catback?
I have Corsa Sport and I am thinking about getting Corsa headers, but I don't want it to sound blatty. Corsa Sport sounds fantastic, but I wouldn't mind a little more volume and deeper tone.

The brand of header won't make any difference. The fact that the factory cats are removed is what makes the entire system so loud and uncontrolled-sounding.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Catless LTs will give you quite a lot more volume. They don't exactly deepen the tone much either and will be very raspy. LTs with green cats would be a solid but not large increase in volume.

Realistically if you want slightly louder and deeper you should probably look at a different catback, though there are compromises there too (nothing else is no drone and so quiet on the highway). A blower would make it louder :D:lol:

sublimaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Catless LTs will give you quite a lot more volume. They don't exactly deepen the tone much either and will be very raspy. LTs with green cats would be a solid but not large increase in volume.
Yeah I love the overall sound of my Corsa Sport catback. I had Kook LTs + Corsa catback on my old Shelby, and it sounded way too blatty and raspy. I don't want to repeat that mistake. I guess I'll keep the stock headers and Corsa Sport.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack

Realistically if you want slightly louder and deeper you should probably look at a different catback, though there are compromises there too (nothing else is no drone and so quiet on the highway). A blower would make it louder :D:lol:
Green cats are still VERY loud. Green cats are 300 cell per inch compared to factory OEM legal cats which are around 800 - 1200 depending on the car. It would be like standing in front of a screen door and yelling through it but saying the screen is decreasing volume. I've done a high flow cat (400 cell, 2011 GT) vs no cats and I read dB levels exactly the same at 15 feet cold start and 50 feet WOT. Catback systems were the SW RetroChamber, Kooks catback, and a cold start test on a Borla ATAK.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
^^What Grimace427 said.

Sponsored

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP

Sounds magnificent to me!

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
Nothing beats the sound of shifting gears!

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

d4rk_hrs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Les
Vehicle(s)
'16 Black GT PP
Comparing the two cars in person. I thought the new exhaust in track mode sounded just like my Extreme. Maybe a tiny bit louder.

What did surprise me was how quiet it got in the quiet mode setting. I think the mic boosted the sound a little bit in the video. When it switched over. I thought he turned to car off. It is that quiet. You can barely hear the car running at idle.

The one weird thing about the car is, and maybe it was because he did not know if it was possible or not. But the car always started in normal mode. Which kinda defeats the purpose of having the different settings.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Comparing the two cars in person. I thought the new exhaust in track mode sounded just like my Extreme. Maybe a tiny bit louder.

What did surprise me was how quiet it got in the quiet mode setting. I think the mic boosted the sound a little bit in the video. When it switched over. I thought he turned to car off. It is that quiet. You can barely hear the car running at idle.

The one weird thing about the car is, and maybe it was because he did not know if it was possible or not. But the car always started in normal mode. Which kinda defeats the purpose of having the different settings.
It does that unless you change the quiet start settings.
Sponsored