Sponsored

Recommendations for someone who doesn’t have much time or patience for this stuff.

Tinpot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w 3rd pedal delete
I’ll preface this with the following. I don’t have the patience for a lot of the detailing minutae that I’ve (tried to) read about in a lot of these threads. That’s me being upfront and honest. That said, I’ll begin.
Bought the car in mid November. Here in the UK the weather at that time of year is pretty miserable for the most part so after the 30 mile drive home it was looking fairly grimy. I washed it with Meguiars gold class, GTECHNIQ W6 iron and fallout remover on the wheels then and gave it a quick wax with Meguiars Quick Wax spray. Every weekend if it’s not forever raining I go through the same process - with the addition of 303 on exterior exposed plastics - as my garage is large enough for the car but there’s no additional space for working on it so I have to pull it outside when it inevitably starts to rain shortly after I’ve started. When the weather improves I’d like to improve my exterior maintenance as I should have additional time before it starts to rain (again). So…. I take it that Gold class isn’t the greatest shampoo ? I’m open to another and also something that will remove the Quick wax and traces of Gold class if necessary. Then a wax. Not interested at this point in time in polishing the car. I have some W6 remaining (500ml) and an unopened C5 wheel armour for when the weather finally permits.
I can obtain Meguiars, Car Pro and GTECHNIQ fairly easily. Just a quick A, B and C of products in order use will do if I haven’t lost most of your interest by now….TIA.
Sponsored

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Mate, I wish I had the room to wash my own car and a house with spare room to store everything. That said, my guy does sell his own products if you ever need anything.

Home page – Tino Car Care

OP
OP
Tinpot

Tinpot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When I had BMW M cars I used to have someone come and do the waxing and detailing every three months or so. I’d wash them in between. Now, I do have a little more time on my hands and I’m trying to be more fiscally responsible. ( money’s tighter in the current economic climate). With so many products in the market though it’s mind bending so just a ‘here you go, A, B and C’ etc.

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
@Tinpot post a pic of your car next time you clean it. Always fun to see UK M1's

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I might get shot for this, but I'm finding the Turtle Wax hybrid ceramic stuff to be cheap / quick / easy / effective. It give good results without going to boutique or more expensive products :like:

If you are only maintaining (and not correcting) the green one is very easy to use :

1674836583260.png

And the blue wash is quite 'lubey' and beads really well (for a stand alone wash) :

1674836705537.png

The wash is a little more expensive than a more traditional wash though, but in my opinion it's defo worth it - it defo leaves something behind and seems better two or more washes in :like:

Posting this as I’ve recently swapped my wash solution to match my coating (turtle wax hybrid ceramic).

The TWHC wash stuff defo leaves something behind and rejuvenates the water behaviour quite nicely.

The upper facing surfaces were last treated in May with the TWHC spray coating and the water beading had noticeably diminished.

Two weekly washes with the new stuff, this is after a foam and jet wash only :

1660516204138.jpeg

1660516231109.jpeg

1660516258967.jpeg

1660516287460.jpeg

And then after a two bucket wash and a rinse with an open hose :

1660516371766.jpeg

1660516397029.jpeg

If you can be bothered to chase the water of the panel, very little is left behind :

1660516448425.jpeg

WD :like:
Following on from the above post, I decided to stock up … lol

1660772077218.jpeg

£18 per bottle direct from Turtlewax, or £20 for two bottles from Amazon, delivered direct to you door from Turtlewax … ? :crazy:

‘What it’s like to live in the U.K. 🇬🇧

Check weather (all good), wash it, go to parents for Sunday dinner, return home, admire raindrops on freshly washed car … :

1664143390639.jpeg

It’s probably fair to say there’s little coating / wax on there now - other than TW ceramic wash :like:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tinpot

Tinpot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excellent ! That’s what I was hoping for ie straight to the point. 👍

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Check this thread I authored in terms of the go-to products I use and recommend, three or four options in each category (an A, B, C type list) -
DFB'S LITTLE BLACK BOOK OF DETAILING 2022 | 2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, EcoBoost, GT350, GT500, Bullitt, Mach 1) - Mustang6G.com

Keeping things simple, consider the following -

Soap -
Carpro Reset or Koch Chemie GSF, look at Gyeon Bathe as well.

Strip Soap -
Carpro Lift or Carpro Decale

Wax or Sealant -
If you can find some, Collinite 845 is a highly regarded old school liquid wax offering 4 - 6 month durability.

Otherwise, look at Carpro Reload, a spray and wipe sealant which is very easy to apply and offers 3 - 6 month durability.

Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax (4-6 month durability) or Detailer (2 month durability) are also worth looking at.

The thread I linked above I have come to after trying far too many detailing products than I probably should admit to. :giggle: Happy to help further if needed.

OP
OP
Tinpot

Tinpot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That’s great, thanks.

20ducks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg G.
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Rapid Red
Vehicle Showcase
I lived in Sfaffs for a number years. I had ordinary cars which required 3-4 months detailing maintenance, which I enjoyed. Weather sucked for anyone wanting their car to stand out from the rest. Bottom line is that if you don't have time...get a local detailer to do your upkeep work.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
be VERY careful what you touch anatomy wise if you're using one of these with 'ceramic' or other HIGHLY eye-irritant chemicals. You can probably guess why I'm posting. I wear gloves and scrub and SCRUB my hands and forearms.
Sponsored