• ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are REQUIRED to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Recaro Seat Swap

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
I wish I would've seen your ads before. I'm about 4-5 hours away I would've come gladly!
Sponsored

Woody

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
So wait, I have cloth recaros in my Mustang and want to switch for anything else. Are you telling me the wiring for the power seats is already there? All I would have to do is pull out my recaros, put in the regular seats and plug in the harness?

Cloak

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R Shadow Black
Vehicle Showcase
So wait, I have cloth recaros in my Mustang and want to switch for anything else. Are you telling me the wiring for the power seats is already there? All I would have to do is pull out my recaros, put in the regular seats and plug in the harness?
yep, the power seats and airbags would work, but not the heated/cooled part or memory part, unless the required wiring is put in.

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
Let me know if you wanna trade! I'm up too:D My car is brand new!

psoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT pp
Was the new owner of your seats able to get the heated/cooled part to work?
I am the other owner that did the swap. I put the Leather Premium seats inmy Base GT that had Recaros. The I never did get the heat and cooling portion to work. I did some research. It's not as simple as running power to the seats. The heating and cooling are controlled by the CAN bus there are control modules in the seats that require a CAN bus signal to operate. Since my car originally a base model GT it does not have the controls and is not programmed to control the seats.
I was hoping someone would 1 day figure this out that had CAN bus experience.

Sponsored

willie7088

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I have 2 beautiful black leather Recaro seats I wish to sell only problem is the opposite. I ordered my Mustang with Recaro seats and I purchased 2 heated and cooled 6 way power leather seats I wish to swap them with. There are 2 plugs for the Heated and cooled power seats under my carpet is only one plug. No power to the seats and the orientation is different on the plugs even though it fits in. ANY IDEAS besides just hot wiring the power?

willie7088

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I have tried that with mine and guess what no power to the seats. There are 2 plugs for the power, heated and cooled seats and mine surely doesn't move. Only one plug under the carpet.

Last edited:

willie7088

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I have the recaro leather seats manual as they come. I purchased 2 power heated and cooled leather seats same year 2015 swapped plugged the plug in no power to the seats. Any sugestions.
Thanks

chris_keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Red
Strange, I just traded my factory heated seats for the cloth recaros, and I absolutely love the bolstering and i have pretty big lats/shoulders (working out), although I am pretty average height, so they probably designed the seat around my body type

The seat swap is super easy for anyone that is worried, the connectors are universal, the heated and cooled seats have two connectors (one for heated/cooled, one for the power functions/seat belt) and the recaros only have the one for the "power/seat belts". 4 bolts on the two front seats, the rear seats are removed by unlatched the bottom half, that part just comes right off, and then the back portion of the seats are held in by 3 bolts.

I had the heated/cooled leather, and I can say I loved the swap for anyone who is hesitant!
I am looking to do this. Did you have to change anything on the console for the person that took your leathers? Or is it a simple seat swap??

brandonalberd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic S550
Damn. I got heated/cooled leathers I would've swapped haha! Perfect shape. Can't find deals like this around me

Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
It looks like this thread has come to a dead end with no solution :(

I have an Ecoboost with Recaros and a GT with comfort seats. Tried swapping them but the comfort seats do not move an inch in the other car, they get no power. Obviously heating and cooling doesn't work since the second connector isn't there in the Recaro car but the general belief is the power to the seats' motors should come from the connector that both cars have (the one that also handles the airbag and seatbelt signals).

The only explanation I can think of is that perhaps in the car that came from the factory with Recaros the power wire to the connector that should feed the electric motors is cut off via the board computer.

Did any of the previous posters who ran into the same problem before found a solution? Or does anyone have a schematic for the connectors perhaps?

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
It looks like this thread has come to a dead end with no solution :(

I have an Ecoboost with Recaros and a GT with comfort seats. Tried swapping them but the comfort seats do not move an inch in the other car, they get no power. Obviously heating and cooling doesn't work since the second connector isn't there in the Recaro car but the general belief is the power to the seats' motors should come from the connector that both cars have (the one that also handles the airbag and seatbelt signals).

The only explanation I can think of is that perhaps in the car that came from the factory with Recaros the power wire to the connector that should feed the electric motors is cut off via the board computer.

Did any of the previous posters who ran into the same problem before found a solution? Or does anyone have a schematic for the connectors perhaps?
Is your GT a 401A with memory seats? If so, that is the problem. The memory seats have different wiring.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Is your GT a 401A with memory seats? If so, that is the problem. The memory seats have different wiring.
No memory seats.

But we did find the issue. The Recaro car has no power wiring going into the connectors at all.
Sponsored