Sponsored

Recall and Immediate Stop Sale on 8,026 GT350 and GT350R Models: Engine Oil Cooler

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I received my notice in October.
I agree no way in hell does it take 6 months to make the oil lines. They could at least get them out in order to the people who already took delivery of their cars. I've had my car for 14 months now.
I swear fords handling of this really sucks. They do not care about after sales. It's funny how my fusions electric steering rack n pinion motor broke completely off the rack due to 3 rusted bolts on a 2 year old car. I contacted my dealer because I found it had a recall in effect for this very reason. I only found it because I have access to this info in my labor guides for my business. I replaced my rack n pinion myself. 3 days later I received a letter in the mail from ford stating my fusion has a recall for bolts that rust on the steering rack and will cause the steering to fail! Day late assholes.
I know it's speculating, but perhaps there is a reason why they are delaying this. Maybe because of another issue? One thing is for sure it doesn't take that long, especially when it's critical to have something replaced.
Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I know it's speculating, but perhaps there is a reason why they are delaying this. Maybe because of another issue? One thing is for sure it doesn't take that long, especially when it's critical to have something replaced.
Not sure what the other issue would be since they don't have the problem on the 2017

Falconetti

cash me outside howbow da
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 1994 SVT COBRA
i purchased a 2017 that is being held at the dealer for the recall, manufactured on the last month affected, august I think.

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
I received my notice in October.
I agree no way in hell does it take 6 months to make the oil lines. They could at least get them out in order to the people who already took delivery of their cars. I've had my car for 14 months now.
I swear fords handling of this really sucks. They do not care about after sales. It's funny how my fusions electric steering rack n pinion motor broke completely off the rack due to 3 rusted bolts on a 2 year old car. I contacted my dealer because I found it had a recall in effect for this very reason. I only found it because I have access to this info in my labor guides for my business. I replaced my rack n pinion myself. 3 days later I received a letter in the mail from ford stating my fusion has a recall for bolts that rust on the steering rack and will cause the steering to fail! Day late assholes.
Excellent points Scott. I just wonder how serious this issue is though. If this was that bad, you'd think Ford would have the parts since the recall is far cheaper than if an engine blows because a crimp fails.

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Not sure what the other issue would be since they don't have the problem on the 2017
Mine made the cut off, but there are other 17s that didn't.
It is speculation on my part. I don't know why it would take so long to make the fix. I mean, if they had the fix on some of three 17s when they were on the line, why don't they have AT LEAST some to fix the recalled ones? Unless, the "fixed" ones really aren't fixed or there is potentially something else they would like to do all at once? Who knows, what I do know, is if it's something that is so critical to endangering lives you would think they would snap to it. I realize that they probably have a time period, by law before they have to replace but you would think, from a reputable standpoint they would get it done ASAP

xt6wagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 base triple yellow
I think I'm at the point where I'm going to call the NHTSA about them failing to contact me, and for failing to make a timely repair of a serious safety issue.

Diana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350
Good idea calling the safety agency, will that light the fire?

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I just do not get the delay! 6 months! Come on!!!

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Probably take 9 months on oil lines and if ever there was a recall on OPGs 5 years.haha

topfinadv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Called the NHTSA. Filled out all their paperwork and they told me it takes 8 weeks for them to escalate the problems and determine what fault it is of the dealer. Still waiting....

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
Any 17 built before 9/1/17 has the issue. I picked mine up in July and it's on the list.

Wine dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT 350
That's crazy, NHTSA knows about the recall, knows when it was announced and what it's all about, now they hear from an owner that parts aren't available and it's gonna take them 8 weeks to investigate and escalate it? Our tax dollar going to great use. All they have to do is call a couple of dealers, or call Ford customer service and hear the song title Lo Ciento Mucho, or So Sorry Charlie parts not available!
So after escalation what happens? They tell Ford your being naughty? OR can they compel Ford to stop producing 2017 until all 8000 are supplied the parts?