Sponsored

Recall and Immediate Stop Sale on 8,026 GT350 and GT350R Models: Engine Oil Cooler

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
So if you replace the oil lines yourself how would you clear the recall on your vin ? Would this be an issue if you were to sell your car, would they see an open recall on it?

Maybe if you use Ford parts, a dealer can inspect that it was done and clear the recall. But not sure what they would do for non-ford parts except do the recall work with Ford parts, clear the recall then you reinstall your aftermarket lines.
Sponsored

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
I'm in on a set of lines. Don't trust any ford dealer to work on my junk anymore.

I'll go to the dealer and pick up the recall lines, but will keep them in a bag in favor of the AN bits. Hopefully that will clear the recall tag on the car.
I called to get information on obtaining the recall lines and doing the install myself. The dealership said they would not sell me the recall line replacement. They said it has to be done at the dealer. Probably BS but that is what they told me.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
I called to get information on obtaining the recall lines and doing the install myself. The dealership said they would not sell me the recall line replacement. They said it has to be done at the dealer. Probably BS but that is what they told me.
Its not BS. The dealer tech has to do it to clear the vin off the recall list.

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
Where Deysha did be? She'll get on this like "white on rice", Deysha!
Sorry man, Deysha is very nice but she can do NOTHING about this. She will simply tell you she will contact Ford but she won't get anything more that "Soon".

Sponsored

shelbyman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sandy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350 Track Package White w/blue stripes
My guys have installed and tested the prototype fittings. Now it's time to make more out of stronger aluminum, probably better than 2024. That's better aluminum than AN fittings are made of. O-rings will be high temp Viton, not rubber like OEM. Viton is rated to 500 degrees and resists vibration better than rubber.... Kits will be available with or without hoses, and the custom fitting can be bare aluminum or anodized.

[/URL]FB_IMG_1486425173102 by Performance Restoration, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/URL]FB_IMG_1486425118372 by Performance Restoration, on Flickr[/IMG]
Thats brilliant work having your machinists recreate "stock" style fittings that you can attach AN hoses to that will attach to original FORD fittings in the cooler and block. :clap2: Any idea on how much just the fittings would cost for a set? My plan was to harvest the stock fittings off a backup set of hoses I got and have my machine shop weld on AN fittings...well actually silver solder the stainless and weld the alum AN's on.

It looks like you've had them on the car. Any issues with routing them and securing them since you didn't incorporate any of the stock bends and mounting points?

Thanks for all the good work :hail:

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
My guys have installed and tested the prototype fittings. Now it's time to make more out of stronger aluminum, probably better than 2024. That's better aluminum than AN fittings are made of. O-rings will be high temp Viton, not rubber like OEM. Viton is rated to 500 degrees and resists vibration better than rubber.... Kits will be available with or without hoses, and the custom fitting can be bare aluminum or anodized.

[/url]FB_IMG_1486425173102 by Performance Restoration, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]FB_IMG_1486425118372 by Performance Restoration, on Flickr[/IMG]
Also some people are considering forced induction on this car. To properly install the Hellion kit you have to tap into the Factory oil lines to relocate the filter. If someone were to want to install the Hellion kit and use your lines could you make some custom length lines so you don't have to cut into those when you install the turbos?

RadBOSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 BOSS302, 29 Model A Roadster
Very nice. I too would like to hear well it fits the car. When does this kit go on sale and how is the kit. 2024 is a pretty good grade and looking at the plate thicknesses you could pick the motor up with them. 7075 is stronger, but why sweat it. You just make it more expensive.

I can't see from the photo, but hopefully the designer called for a radiused corner where the nipple transitions to the mounting plate. This is to minimize the stress riser in that corner an avoid a subsequent fatigue failure. JMHO.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Very nice. I too would like to hear well it fits the car. When does this kit go on sale and how is the kit. 2024 is a pretty good grade and looking at the plate thicknesses you could pick the motor up with them. 7075 is stronger, but why sweat it. You just make it more expensive.

I can't see from the photo, but hopefully the designer called for a radiused corner where the nipple transitions to the mounting plate. This is to minimize the stress riser in that corner an avoid a subsequent fatigue failure. JMHO.
The "mounting plate" is a separate piece from the fitting.

Sponsored

84venom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Cobra R, 2016 GT350 TP DIB w/White Stripes
OK, they're going to production. They will be staying with 2024 aluminum, which is still overkill for this application. I'm excited that there is now an option other than the stock parts. You have to wonder if even the "new" FORD parts will hold up? 100 psi!!! This aftermarket solution will not come apart!

Call TJ at TK Autosports. 888-978-5506 or Email him at [email protected]. I think first run will be bare aluminum and possibly black anodized.

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
OK, they're going to production. They will be staying with 2024 aluminum, which is still overkill for this application. I'm excited that there is now an option other than the stock parts. You have to wonder if even the "new" FORD parts will hold up? 100 psi!!! This aftermarket solution will not come apart!

Call TJ at TK Autosports. 888-978-5506 or Email him at [email protected]. I think first run will be bare aluminum and possibly black anodized.
Kudos for coming up with a solution! Question for you though, I see the aftermarket lines are obviously not rigid like the OEM lines, which also use brackets to "mount" them in place, what is to stop these lines from simply hanging in a loop? Are the OEM mounting brackets taken off those lines and used with these aftermarket pieces?

Blue Raptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZL1 1LE, GT350, Ford RS, F350 Dually, Explorer
I know I can be an abrasive person, but I'm 50 and nothing is going to change that as this point. I'm a straight shooter and for many people they can't handle that approach.

I will also say that this wait from Ford for months now for a minor part that has serious consequences to us owners is complete and utter BS and I'm disappointed that it's taking them this long to get their crap together regarding this recall.

However, IMO anyone that replaces this defective OEM recalled part with an aftermarket alternative because they are tired of waiting, is an idiot.

Please note, This comment is in no way criticism of the part being offered above. It appears to be of quality construction, but it is not a Ford part or Ford approved and I would make this statement regardless of who made it.

Just my normal nasty 2 cents. : )

84venom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Cobra R, 2016 GT350 TP DIB w/White Stripes
Kudos for coming up with a solution! Question for you though, I see the aftermarket lines are obviously not rigid like the OEM lines, which also use brackets to "mount" them in place, what is to stop these lines from simply hanging in a loop? Are the OEM mounting brackets taken off those lines and used with these aftermarket pieces?
New clips will be provided to hold the hoses in place

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I know I can be an abrasive person, but I'm 50 and nothing is going to change that as this point. I'm a straight shooter and for many people they can't handle that approach.

I will also say that this wait from Ford for months now for a minor part that has serious consequences to us owners is complete and utter BS and I'm disappointed that it's taking them this long to get their crap together regarding this recall.

However, IMO anyone that replaces this defective OEM recalled part with an aftermarket alternative because they are tired of waiting, is an idiot.

Please note, This comment is in no way criticism of the part being offered above. It appears to be of quality construction, but it is not a Ford part or Ford approved and I would make this statement regardless of who made it.

Just my normal nasty 2 cents. : )
Why? If the person isn't planning to sell the car it isn't worried about warranty it wouldn't matter. I'm sure this recall could be handled at any time. I was planning on leaving my car 100% stock. At this point due to necessary mods I'm thinking about a whipple s.c. or hellion turbo kit. Once I start turning wrenches all bets are off!!!!!:headbang:
Sponsored