Sponsored

Recall and Immediate Stop Sale on 8,026 GT350 and GT350R Models: Engine Oil Cooler

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I have a hard time believing it takes them all this time to just make up new hoses, especially since new 350s don't seem to have this problem. Anyone think it might be a bigger problem than just replacing hoses?
Hmm I guess it is possible they have another recall they want done at the same time they haven't released
Sponsored

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
I have a hard time believing it takes them all this time to just make up new hoses, especially since new 350s don't seem to have this problem. Anyone think it might be a bigger problem than just replacing hoses?
No
More is involved in a recall of this nature then most on this forum realize.
It is not about slapping together some hoses.
Ford DOES NOT build hoses--everything is outsourced.
Once the issue was discovered it needs to be confirmed from an engineering point, then it needs to be determined how the issue came about in order to correct the problem. Then a fix to the problem has to be determined.

While it is and probably was the 'crimping' issue they cannot just assume that fact (not gonna go into all the legal liabilities and duty to investigate). Is it just the crimping or maybe the type of hose used that effects the crimping in an unknown way etc...Just because you suspect X doesn't always mean X was the true cause.

It is also a formal recall with tons of steps/filings/notifications/tracking/repair instructions/billing system codes to track the related expenses that are required to be dealt with.

They are also getting the hoses from a source that builds approx 6000 per yr. Now you need that source (once the true cause is known and 'fixed' -was it a bad crimping machine, operator error, good crimp but bad hose rubber that loosened over time etc) and the new and improved hoses tested and proved true. So now that same company (or a new supplier) gets to continue making the ongoing 6000 hoses per yr and at the same time needs to crank out another 8000 replacement hoses ASAP. And just how do they do that overnight??????????

What? Go to Craig's list and buy a cheap xyz hose machine...not gonna happen. Nor is that company gonna spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to rent commercial space, hire personnel, train personnel, buy or lease machinery just to crank out those 8000 hoses--what are they gonna do with all those resources later??? And just crank them out---no that aint' happening. They are gonna be QC checks going on.

And they ain't gonna start issuing recall replacement hoses until they have most of them in stock and distributed though out their supply chain as every yahoo out there is gonna believe that the world revolves around them and they are to be first in line for repairs and will scream like a little girly man if others are getting the fix and they still have to wait...

Rainier42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Performance Blue GT350R
No
More is involved in a recall of this nature then most on this forum realize.
It is not about slapping together some hoses.
Ford DOES NOT build hoses--everything is outsourced.
Once the issue was discovered it needs to be confirmed from an engineering point, then it needs to be determined how the issue came about in order to correct the problem. Then a fix to the problem has to be determined.

While it is and probably was the 'crimping' issue they cannot just assume that fact (not gonna go into all the legal liabilities and duty to investigate). Is it just the crimping or maybe the type of hose used that effects the crimping in an unknown way etc...Just because you suspect X doesn't always mean X was the true cause.

It is also a formal recall with tons of steps/filings/notifications/tracking/repair instructions/billing system codes to track the related expenses that are required to be dealt with.

They are also getting the hoses from a source that builds approx 6000 per yr. Now you need that source (once the true cause is known and 'fixed' -was it a bad crimping machine, operator error, good crimp but bad hose rubber that loosened over time etc) and the new and improved hoses tested and proved true. So now that same company (or a new supplier) gets to continue making the ongoing 6000 hoses per yr and at the same time needs to crank out another 8000 replacement hoses ASAP. And just how do they do that overnight??????????

What? Go to Craig's list and buy a cheap xyz hose machine...not gonna happen. Nor is that company gonna spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to rent commercial space, hire personnel, train personnel, buy or lease machinery just to crank out those 8000 hoses--what are they gonna do with all those resources later??? And just crank them out---no that aint' happening. They are gonna be QC checks going on.

And they ain't gonna start issuing recall replacement hoses until they have most of them in stock and distributed though out their supply chain as every yahoo out there is gonna believe that the world revolves around them and they are to be first in line for repairs and will scream like a little girly man if others are getting the fix and they still have to wait...
I understand all this. However, if the newer vehicles do not have the problem then obviously these newer hoses are working. I would expect that a solution based on these new parts would be a matter of ordering.

Wine dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT 350
Understanding all that has been said, just spoke with the customer service manager who once again closed my file and confirmed no parts yet available for the recall but yes parts are being installed in 2017 that are not subject to recall. He said we still have 6 weeks before we get an up date, going back to the statement "first quarter of 2017"

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Great News!
I just got off the phone with fords asshole customer service and guess what? It's going to be another 1/4 before the hoses are available. I'm so pissed at ford.
Call 1800-392-3673

Reactions: TDC

Sponsored

Rainier42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Performance Blue GT350R
Great ... means I won't be tracking mine this spring.

DreamPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 H2823
Great News!
I just got off the phone with fords asshole customer service and guess what? It's going to be another 1/4 before the hoses are available. I'm so pissed at ford.
Call 1800-392-3673
This is making me twitchy. I have one held with a deposit now. But, have found one without and called today to work on pricing.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I don't blame you

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Great News!
Call 1800-392-3673
It will probably be sooner - they just wanted to stop you from calling all the time.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Sorry but that's the first I called.

Sponsored

KiLLeR2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 240SX, '17 GT350
For the love of christ does somebody with a 2017 who is NOT affected by the recall have pics of their oil lines? I just have a feeling the design is essentially the same, but I'd like to see a comparison of some sort.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Didn't know you wanted one, I'll get one tomorrow.well...let me check some pics.

This is the only lines I have a pic of. Should have the same crimps tho.
20161214_131322.jpg

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Well that's a lie.
Plus ford instructed dealers not to sell, test drive or run any gt350s in dealer inventory. But it's ok for us to blow our lines.
If it's nots that serious of a recall...
1) they should of made it a TSB.
2) the shouldn't put the notice to the dealers not to sell or allow test drives.

KiLLeR2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 240SX, '17 GT350
Didn't know you wanted one, I'll get one tomorrow.well...let me check some pics.

This is the only lines I have a pic of. Should have the same crimps tho.
Nice. Looks like the crimps are better placed allowing more space for the end of the hose.
Sponsored