Sponsored

Rear view camera?

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
My 2013 vehicle has passenger and seat belt sensors for each person. Even a small child in a rear seat activates the sensors. I don't see why they can't connect an interior thermometer to the passenger sensors and have an alarm go off if the temperature goes above a certain amount and a passenger is still sitting in the vehicle.
As for the rear-looking camera...the same truck has back-up sonar sensors that have a wider 'view' than the camera. I nearly ran over a neighbor's dog, which was standing behind my truck but was too short to see in the mirror or video screen. It could have been a child back there!
Sponsored

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
Wish Ford would've installed cameras on the outside mirrors + Front of car.

My current DD has one on the passenger side, it's my favorite feature on the car. I use it all the time.

Some day (Very soon IMO) all cars will be equipped with 360° views.
Or you know, you can use your mirrors....

MustangSteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang
Pretty sure on the base model it is indeed in the rear view mirror, not on the screen.
The 4.2 inch screen for the base radio is full color on the 2015s with higher resolution than the monochrome screens for the base radio of earlier Fords like the current Fusion. The rear camera view is displayed in that center stack screen, not the mirror.

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance
It was already pointed out I was incorrect, but thanks for pointing it out again. ;)

If you missed it, the rear view will not be in the mirror like I suggested, I was wrong. It's on the center console screen.

Sponsored

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
Ford and its customers (the free market) are well equipped to determine what should and should not be a part of its product. Just ask the folks at GM how that government/private business marriage is going.
Yep, Ford and its customers are well equipped to determine that. Maybe that would be why Ford opted to make the cameras standard equipment in all of their vehicles FOUR YEARS before they will be required to by the government. Clearly they think it's just plain a good idea, and I doubt many of their customers would disagree. ;)

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
I've just read through the standard features again and see listed: adjustable steering wheel, keyless entry/ push button start and rear view camera.
So, will my base EB that looks like it has a tiny 4 inch stereo screen have this camera? And it shows through that little screen?
Base 14 Escape has a radio very similar to the base 15 Mustang, and that's where the back-up camera lives. It's actually pretty workable (my mother in law has one, so I have used it ) and I like it more than I thought I would.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
They're very useful for parallel parking.
Sponsored