Sponsored

rear view camera

Moustache

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TTC
Yeah, that's all we need... drivers at the wheel of a 435 hp car watching movies as they drive down the road - great idea!
You were able to watch DVD movies on Ford nav screen in Park before it was MyFordTouch.
I know you could watch it with pre- 2013 F-150.
I think 2014 Mustang had the same screen?
Sponsored

REDHRSE

PONY UP!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 401A 3.73 gears, Redline int, all options
I was thinking about something similar and thought to look for a thread along the same lines...

I would like to record what happens on the rear camera and set up one for the front as well. My initial reason was proof in case of an accident, like the do overseas. it could be triggered to start recording when a proximity sensor alerts. it would be great if we can sync it to our security system too... it too can be triggered to record when a security sensor is alerted.

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
I was thinking about something similar and thought to look for a thread along the same lines...

I would like to record what happens on the rear camera and set up one for the front as well. My initial reason was proof in case of an accident, like the do overseas. it could be triggered to start recording when a proximity sensor alerts. it would be great if we can sync it to our security system too... it too can be triggered to record when a security sensor is alerted.
What you would see is that Camaro fading back into the distance. :cheers:
Seriously I don't understand the reason we still use rear view mirrors in our cars when a camera and monitor could give us such better views. You would think with all the tech like BLIS, cross-traffic alert, collision avoidance, etc. that we still use 100 year old technology to see what's behind us.

Last edited:

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
If BLIS goes out???

From the comments made...it seems that people are worried that if BLIS, XTraffic, Rear Assist were to crash...they would be trapped. "What's that shiny thing stuck on each door; I didn't know you could see cars ahead through the windshield; There's a window behind the back seats?" "When I was a kid we had to walk through snow to get to our mom's SUV"!

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
I don't understand the rants against tech in cars. :shrug:
When used as a driving aid and not a substitute for poor driving skills these tech items make driving safer, more efficient, and in my opinion, a more enjoyable experience.
According to the DOT as of 2010 there are over 254 million registered vehicles in the US. In 1960 there were 75 million, in 1980, 150 million. With that much vehicle density I will take all the extra tech I can use. AS LONG as it is an aid to driving and does not create unnecessary distractions.
With air traffic density double or triple what it was just 20 years ago would any of you want pilots flying with stick and rudder?
Technology is good as long as it is applied right and the basic disciplines of driving are understood and put to use.

Sponsored

REDHRSE

PONY UP!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 401A 3.73 gears, Redline int, all options
Im old fashioned when it comes to my mirrors. ..i live in them. I still look in my mirrors and thru my rear window when backing up. It will take me a while to adjust to a monitor display. It may be easier if it was a windshield heads up display. Still would take me a while.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
You were able to watch DVD movies on Ford nav screen in Park before it was MyFordTouch.
I know you could watch it with pre- 2013 F-150.
I think 2014 Mustang had the same screen?
My '14 GT has the factory nav (Electronics Package, more precisely) and it plays DVD movies so I have a couple movies in my car just in case I have to sit for long periods of time in my car stuck waiting (i.e. ferry boat, delays in the staging lanes at the drag strip, etc.). Only works when the car is in park, as you noted, but there are ways to make it work in drive from what I've been told.

It also includes a 10 GB hard drive and a "Jukebox" feature not available on the MyFordTouch. I've scanned in dozens and dozens of CD's so that I can leave my CD's at home and have hundreds of songs available in the car. Too bad that feature isn't still available. And, of course, I can play any music from my iPhone via Bluetooth, as well, so I have thousands of songs with me everytime I drive.
Sponsored